UPDATED: December, 2018
With so many choices out there on the market, you can never be sure that you’ve chosen the best hair straightener for your type of hair.
It’s becoming progressively harder to see through the tricks of marketing companies if you’re not an expert in this field.
That’s why I’m here to help you.
I’ve been a hairstylist for over 10 years now, I can safely say that I can easily tell the difference between a bargain and a waste of your money.
I also have a wide network of people working in the same industry, so we share our working experience all the time.
First, let’s see how the review of this Revlon straightener will be put together:
- We’ll see what the folks from Revlon Company have to say about this hair straightener.
- We’ll take into careful consideration the user reviews, both positive and negative.
- In the final summary I’ll give this product my final rating
Let’s see all the product specifications first:
- 1-inch ceramic plates, even heat distribution
- Heat penetrates your hair inside out
- Silky, shiny and frizz-free styles while retaining natural hair moisture
- Perfect and consistent styling enabled by heat sensors technology which monitors temperature and quickly restores heat
- Ready to use in 30 seconds with the turbo heat up
- Silicone finger grips provide a good hold while styling
Now let’s see positive reviews as per end users – the PROs:
- Simply the best hair straightener I’ve ever had..
- It does a great job both straightening and curling my hair. I don’t have to get up at 5 AM anymore in order to style my hair for work..
- I love the perfect 1-inch size of this flat iron. It also got shipped so fast…
- Fits right into my small hand, it’s really light and tames all of my kinks. It leaves my hair super smooth and shiny.
- As anybody who styles their own hair knows, less is more.. My clients love the results.
- It heats up really fast and it flattens my hair without frying it. It also gives it some body and my hair remains frizz-free for a whole day at work.
- Heats up super fast and it’s really light and easy to use. After buying one for myself I started giving this baby as a gift to my friends, since they loved it too.
- It’s just the right size and very easy to hold. Great iron at an even better price. It was basically a steal!
- It works really well, I have no complaints. It was a great Christmas gift from my husband.
- Not only that it heats up really fast, it also cools down just as fast when you turn it off. That’s super important to me, because I’m forgetful.
- It’s efficient and straightens my hair in one stroke. It also offers much better protection from burning your fingers compared to the irons I previously owned.
- Everything I expect from a hair straightener and more. It also curls hair beautifully….
- Nicely built, very compact. Smart design and very light…
- It works better than I expected, I can now style my hair in less than 7 minutes…I measured the time…
- It gets really hot and just glides smoothly through your hair. Would definitely recommend it.
- It doesn’t make my hair smell funny like my previous hair straightener, and it works just as good on both dry and damp hair.
- Definitely my best one so far and I’ve tried out many flat irons…
Now for the negative reviews as per end users of this product – the CONs:
- I’d like if it had a dial rather than an On/Off switch..
- It came all beaten up when it first arrived, I’ve sent it back and I’m waiting for a replacement.
- It might be a mistake on my side, but I figured 350 degreed would be even hotter than this…
- It gives me the impression that it’s extremely fragile because it’s so small, I’m afraid to try to take it with me on a business trip.
- It doesn’t have auto off…
My resume on this Revlon hair straightener:
After reading so many reviews and specs of this flat iron, and after actually seeing this one in action, it’s safe to say that this is truly a good little trooper.
It does exactly what it’s supposed to do; it straightens and curls your hair, yet leaves it nice and healthy. A big plus is that it’s really light so it can be used by the elderly and pre-teens. The design is really compact and smart, yet it has all the features of “real-size” straighteners.
I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have a safety switch and I always prefer a dial to an ON/OFF switch.
Overall, as a hairstylist, I must say that this little guy seems like the real deal. I don’t have the first-hand experience when it comes to this particular Revlon, but some of my colleagues use it in salons and I contacted the when writing this review. Vast majority of them had only good things to say about it.
All in all, it seems like a bargain, and suitable for use both in salons and at home.
Review of Revlon Rvst2046 Perfect Heat Ceramic Hair Straightener – is this eye candy the best Revlon hair straightener?
If you are conscious about your hair it’s all about finding the best hair straightener in that vast jungle of a market we have today. It will make your life so much easier, so why not let me help you out?
If the amount of open tabs in your browser always translated to good quality information, I suppose we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Unfortunately, it doesn’t. You can spend hours, even days banging your head against your screen and still have nothing to show for it.
You’ve finally come to the right place. Feel free to stick around.
Why listen to me and what do I know about Revlon hair straighteners?
I come from a place of knowledge and experience. I’m not just some insta-know-it-all-blogger by any means. Years as a hair stylist and an ex-judge in hair styling competitions can vouch for that.
Besides my personal knowledge, I also read all the user reviews I get my hands on. Two heads are smarter than one and two thousand… Well, you get the picture.
So, if you like my approach, I’ll repeat that you’re welcome to stick around till the end of the article.
Quick heads up about the structure of the review of this Revlon flat iron
I’m all about finding the best formula and then sticking to it. After years of blogging and hundreds of articles under my belt, here’s what I’ve come up with:
- We begin by getting to know more about the product we’re reviewing. Manufacturer’s specification comes especially handy at this stage
- After we got all that info, it’s dissection time! We’ll let the customers pick it apart and see how it holds up against their pros and cons
- Finally, I’ll have a little ME moment. I’ll sum up all that’s been said, and give my own opinion on the matter
Simple, effective and informative. That’s my blogging trifecta, so let’s see it in action.
Let’s get some raw reviewing materials
When I say this, I mean, let’s read the product specification:
- Ceramic (triple baked) and tourmaline will provide high-intensity heat, with even distribution and inside-out hair penetration. They will also eliminate frizz by retaining natural hair moisture
- Auto shut-off option and 30 different heat settings
- Constant level of heat provides perfect hair styling environment
- Ergonomic handle with easy grip technology
- On/off switches are separate
- Indicator light
It’s out there in the realm of to-good-to-be-true for now, but let’s hold our exuberance down till we hear what the customers have to say about it.
We’ll start with the PROs – the digest of positive reviews of this Revlon hair straightener.
Title said it, let’s get to work:
- Super awesome hair iron, yet somehow super budget-friendly. It straightens my hair in ways my old Chi hair straightener could only dream of doing. It’s all done pretty fast too, much faster than before. It’s probably because it only takes one passing to make my hair perfectly straight. On top of that, it stays that way until I wash it. Very happy with this little guy!
- My old hair iron used to do a good job at making my hair straight, but never did it feel this silky and smooth to the touch. It’s also shinier than ever, and I just can’t believe it considering the money I paid for it. Unbelievable
- My hair it very thick, coarse and unruly, so if I wish to make it straight I first need the gods of hair straightening to look down upon me, and then a hair straightener with some scorching working temperature. All kidding aside, this one really gets pretty hot, and really fast I might add. It works great on my crazy hair, and it really helps that it keeps the temperature steady throughout, without reheating every second
- I have a very fine hair, and the heat settings on this hair iron really give me the sense of control. I no longer fear I’ll burn my hair away, and I get it perfectly straight and shiny every time. It’s a true blessing, and I recommend it to everyone with hair as fragile as mine
- It’s full of features but surprisingly easy to use. Very lightweight and sits really well in my hand. I thought that ergonomic handle mumbo jumbo was just for laughs, but I really feel the difference. It also doesn’t get hot anywhere near my fingers, so that’s a huge plus given my past, not so pleasant experiences
- It’s almost the same quality as the professional hair straightener my daughter has. Works perfectly, and it provides long lasting results. My hair remains straight until I wash it, and that was exactly what I needed. If you constantly keep forgetting stuff like I do, auto shut-off function is a great addition for you
- Best hair straightener in its price range and well beyond
Read more reviews and check the pricing on Amazon (link below):
Some of the negative user reviews of the Revlon hair straightener:
- This thing can REALLY get hot. So, when you’re using it for the first time be sure you get the heat settings down BEFORE putting your fine hair between these smoldering plates.
Conclusion about this Revlon flat iron
Not the best hair iron out there but for that price, it’s a steal – Overall Quality Rating of 4.2/5.
I think the customers have said it all. I’ll just button it with a shout-out to Revlon for making this amazing product that’s a blend of high-quality and budget friendliness. You can go for it without a doubt. You won’t be making a mistake.
I hope I was of some service. If you’re ever in doubt about a hair straightener of some variety, you know where to find me.