With so many choices out there on the market, you can never be sure that you’ve chosen the best hair straightener for your type of hair.
It’s becoming progressively harder to see through the tricks of marketing companies if you’re not an expert in this field.
That’s why I’m here to help you.
I’ve been a hairstylist for over 10 years now, I can safely say that I can easily tell the difference between a bargain and a waste of your money.
I also have a wide network of people working in the same industry, so we share our working experience all the time.
First, let’s see how the review of this Revlon straightener will be put together:
- We’ll see what the folks from Revlon Company have to say about this hair straightener.
- We’ll take into careful consideration the user reviews, both positive and negative.
- In the final summary I’ll give this product my final rating
Let’s see all the product specifications first:
- 1-inch ceramic plates, even heat distribution
- Heat penetrates your hair inside out
- Silky, shiny and frizz-free styles while retaining natural hair moisture
- Perfect and consistent styling enabled by heat sensors technology which monitors temperature and quickly restores heat
- Ready to use in 30 seconds with the turbo heat up
- Silicone finger grips provide a good hold while styling
Now let’s see positive reviews as per end users – the PROs:
- Simply the best hair straightener I’ve ever had..
- It does a great job both straightening and curling my hair. I don’t have to get up at 5 AM anymore in order to style my hair for work..
- I love the perfect 1-inch size of this flat iron. It also got shipped so fast…
- Fits right into my small hand, it’s really light and tames all of my kinks. It leaves my hair super smooth and shiny.
- As anybody who styles their own hair knows, less is more.. My clients love the results.
- It heats up really fast and it flattens my hair without frying it. It also gives it some body and my hair remains frizz-free for a whole day at work.
- Heats up super fast and it’s really light and easy to use. After buying one for myself I started giving this baby as a gift to my friends, since they loved it too.
- It’s just the right size and very easy to hold. Great iron at an even better price. It was basically a steal!
- It works really well, I have no complaints. It was a great Christmas gift from my husband.
- Not only that it heats up really fast, it also cools down just as fast when you turn it off. That’s super important to me, because I’m forgetful.
- It’s efficient and straightens my hair in one stroke. It also offers much better protection from burning your fingers compared to the irons I previously owned.
- Everything I expect from a hair straightener and more. It also curls hair beautifully….
- Nicely built, very compact. Smart design and very light…
- It works better than I expected, I can now style my hair in less than 7 minutes…I measured the time…
- It gets really hot and just glides smoothly through your hair. Would definitely recommend it.
- It doesn’t make my hair smell funny like my previous hair straightener, and it works just as good on both dry and damp hair.
- Definitely my best one so far and I’ve tried out many flat irons…
Now for the negative reviews as per end users of this product – the CONs:
- I’d like if it had a dial rather than an On/Off switch..
- It came all beaten up when it first arrived, I’ve sent it back and I’m waiting for a replacement.
- It might be a mistake on my side, but I figured 350 degreed would be even hotter than this…
- It gives me the impression that it’s extremely fragile because it’s so small, I’m afraid to try to take it with me on a business trip.
- It doesn’t have auto off…
My resume on this Revlon hair straightener:
After reading so many reviews and specs of this flat iron, and after actually seeing this one in action, it’s safe to say that this is truly a good little trooper.
It does exactly what it’s supposed to do; it straightens and curls your hair, yet leaves it nice and healthy. A big plus is that it’s really light so it can be used by the elderly and pre-teens. The design is really compact and smart, yet it has all the features of “real-size” straighteners.
I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have a safety switch and I always prefer a dial to an ON/OFF switch.
Overall, as a hairstylist, I must say that this little guy seems like the real deal. I don’t have the first-hand experience when it comes to this particular Revlon, but some of my colleagues use it in salons and I contacted the when writing this review. Vast majority of them had only good things to say about it.
All in all, it seems like a bargain, and suitable for use both in salons and at home.