With the overwhelming number of choices out there, how are you supposed to know which is the best hair straightener for your needs and your house budget?
Luckily, I’m here to help, so let’s get right down to it.
As a person who worked as a hairstylist for over 15 years, I know the industry inside out.
I can now tell what a fancy, overrated product is and what is a good quality hair straightening iron that fits your needs, has all the features you need, and not a total rip-off.
So, let’s begin our review of this Remington. Here’s what we’ll do:
- List all the specifications of the product
- Take into careful consideration users’ reviews- both PROs and bad CONs
- Summarize all of our impressions and give this straightening iron a final rating
The specifications of Remington Hair Straightening iron:
- Floating Ceramic Plates coated with real pearls (1 inch)
- Digital Heat Controller(up to 400 degrees), the heat up time is 30 secs
- Highest temperature quickly achieved in Turbo setting
- Safety Temperature control built in, prevents overheating
- Safety 1hr automatic shutdown
- 3-year warranty
Everything seems to be in perfect order; however, let’s analyze the end users reviews and see what real people have to say about this flattening iron, and look beyond the company issued specs.
There is no better way to decide whether this is the best hair straightener for you than to see what others have to say about this product.
You and you alone can decide whether this product suits your needs and the demands of your hair or not.
The positive reviews as per the end users:
- The best hair straightener I’ve ever used!
- Great product at a very affordable price..
- In order to get great results, the heat settings doesn’t even have to be on the maximum
- I used to own a much more expensive iron, and this might be even better..
- I was impressed with the results since I have a ton of hair, and it did a really great job.
- My hair is frizz-free now for a whole day, unlike with my previous straightener
- I was shocked at how fast it sorted out my hair
- It got me the straight hair I wanted, but with tons of body and bounce left to my hair
- It heats up at a truly impressive speed
- It fixed my hair in like 6 minutes, and it’s so inexpensive, yet has all of the great options
- This iron has all of the buttons positioned nicely, is easy to use and fits right into your hand
- It leaves such a nice shine to your hair, yet it’s completely frizz-free..
- Totally worth the money
- The thing that I enjoy the most about this flattening iron is definitely all the compliments I’m getting now that I’ve switched to a new one.
- The design is smart; the iron is light and really easy to use
- I have extremely thick hair, some might even call it the lion’s mane, yet this hair straightener does wonders.
- I’ve always had a hard time finding the right iron for my coarse, thick, wavy hair, but I think that the search is over..
- My hair can now finally look like I’ve just came from the hairdresser’s, yet I did it all on my own..
- I really love that it beeps once it’s heated up and ready to use, and the digital monitor where you can read the temperature is pretty cool, too
- I like that I can straighten my hair in one go, so I don’t have to over one spot more than once, and I have a pretty thick hair
- Not only that it heats up really fast, but there are no spots that are hotter than the others, and it stays equally hot as well
- My hair is really as straight as I always wanted for the first time, without going to the hairstylist’s, but it’s still bouncy
See the user ratings and the price on Amazon below:
Now for the negative reviews as per the end users – the CONS:
- It does nothing too special when compared to other Remington products I’ve used in the past..
- The Flattening Iron came in a box that was completely ordinary, no style whatsoever.. I’m a very big fan of good design in packaging, and this was not it
- After the first use the Remington logo rubbed off of the iron
- The product that was delivered to me came with a small chip on one of the plates, I’m waiting for a new one
- It could be just me but I found it difficult to hold
My final resume of this product:
After careful consideration and reading about this product, the first thing that popped into my head was that it’s a bargain.
It has all of the fancy, professional features and smart design of a more expensive flattening iron, does a perfect job at a small buck…
In all honesty, I’ve never used this product in particular in my hairstyling days, but I have colleagues that swear by it.
The thing that really caught my attention was the safety 60-min deactivation, because they have really thought everything through at Remington.
Also, the smart design really can’t hurt, and the digital temperature reader is- let’s face it- simply so very cool.
My final grade would be-passed with flying colors, it’s simply a very smart purchase, and it’s easy on the budget.