Are you tired of going through all that information on the Internet on different hair irons? Are you simply sick of reading yet another customer review? Are you confused from trying to tell fact from fiction? Will you go crazy if you read another customer review that will get you no closer to choosing the best hair straightener for you? Don’t worry, I’ll take it from here.
I am a hairstylist and I’ve been running this blog and writing hair iron reviews for years. I have all the necessary equipment to lead you through this jungle of marketing embellishments and flat-out lies and help you choose a hair product that will suit your needs.
Before we go any further let’s see how I’ll guide you through this review:
- I’ll list all of the product specs
- I’ll go through a selection of positive and negative end user reviews
- I’ll give this product a final grade so that you can figure out if it suits your needs or not
Specifications of the Remington S9500pp:
- 1-inch ceramic plates with real pearls
- Floating plates technology
- 30 sec heat up time
- Heats up to 400 degrees like in professional salons
- Has a digital temperature control for easier use
- Skip to the highest temperature with turbo option
- Overheating prevented with temperature control lock
- 60-minute automatic safety shutoff feature
- 3-year warranty included
Ok, let’s now move on to positive end user reviews of this Remington hair straightener:
- This product is everything I hoped it would be and more.. It leaves my hair shiny and smooth…
- Simply the best hair straightener I ever had.. It arrived fast, and it does what it says it will.. No complaints so far..
- Love the short heat up time and all the different heat settings to choose from. It does wonders to my coarse hair…
- Long plates are great, and the rounded edges are suitable for making a large range of styles on all hair lengths.
- It leaves my frizzy and dry hair all smooth and shiny.. It even leaves some body to it as well, and I couldn’t be happier with the results..
- Now I’m done with styling my long lion’s mane in 10 minutes or less. It used to take me up to 40 minutes, I’m just amazed by how hot this hair iron gets…
- Now I don’t have to go through the whole tedious process of first blow drying my hair before ironing it.. I will definitely be telling all of my friends about this great hair product..
- It gets super-hot, and it beeps when it’s all ready for use. Another great thing about it are definitely the plates that are 4 ½ inches long, so I can do super large strands of hair all in one smooth glide…
- I really like the safety automatic shutoff feature, because I often forget to turn off appliances. Also, the temperature lock saved me a lot of frustration with uneven results and hot spots that can sometimes damage my hair…
- This flat iron was such a great gift, and my daughter loves it. She says that the pearl infused plates really glide smoother through her hair compared to her previous hair straightener.
- It straightens my hair beautifully, without leaving it all dull and without volume….
- It works on my wavy hair much faster than all of my previous hair products. The adjustable heat setting is neat too, it allows me to play around and try out different hair styles…
- I borrowed this flat iron from my daughter, and I was just so amazed by the results that I’m going to buy one for myself. It really does wonders for my damaged hair.
- This flat iron is easy to hold and use and flows through hair effortlessly. Definitely the best hair straightener I’ve had so far.
- With this flat iron, you can precisely set your heat and get consistent results every time you iron your hair. It’s also really easy to keep track of everything because of the digital heat controller.
Much more PROs and CONs can be found on Amazon:
And now for the negative user reviews of the S9500pp:
- I find the on/off button to be too small. You also have to hold it a few seconds in order to turn it off, it’s so frustrating…
- This is not a dual voltage model, and I bought it for my sister who lives overseas…
- The big plates are great, but I actually wanted a smaller iron that will fit into my gym bag…
- After I dyed my hair it stopped gliding as well as it did before.. I guess I damaged my hair too much…
My resume of the hair straightener review:
This Remington really can measure up to most of its more expensive siblings. It has all the features of a professional hair iron at a very reasonable price. It’s definitely salon quality product in your house, and I should know, since I used a ton of different Remingtons during my hairstyling days.
However, the thing I can’t overlook in this model is that pesky on/off button that are too small to be one hundred percent easy to use and functional. Because of this, I’ll grade this iron a high 4.8 out of 5.