We all want the best products for our money and hair straighteners are no different.
But how can you really know that you’ve made the right choice, since most of the people have only dealt with a limited number of hair products so far?
I think I can help you out, without making you go out of your comfort zone and take a leap of faith.
I’ve devoted 8 years of my life to hair styling and hair care (so far) , and I’ve learned a lot from dealing with pretty much every type of hair imaginable.
During my hairstyling days, I’ve also learned a lot about different hair straighteners.
In this review I will try to summarize all I’ve learned and apply my knowledge on rating this product.
Amazon is one of the main sources of information for these reviews:
Head on there for extra info >>
Let me walk you through the structure of this review:
- We’ll list all of the product specifications
- Then we’ll go over a number of both positive and negative end user reviews
- In conclusion, I’ll give this product an Overall Quality Rating
Specifications of this professional flat iron:
- Temperature control is programmable for absolute precision
- 1-inch titanium plates, Nano reflect technology
- Half a minute fast heat up time
- 9 ft. professional swivel cord
- 1-hour automatic shutoff for safety purposes and longevity of the flat iron
- Dual voltage
- 3-year guarantee
The PROs – the positive reviews as per end users:
- I’ve had 23 flat irons before I got this one, and this is by far the greatest. I’ve never had such great results without going to the hairstylist’s.
- After using this TS for the first time and going out to the store, I was approached by three different people and complimented on how shiny my hair looks…
- It heats up super fast, and the digital temperature reader is really nice and easy to read, since it has those big green numbers. It’s also really easy to select the heat setting you like…
- I love the sleek, modern design and the fact that I can use it even on my roots without burning my head. It’s also really light and user-friendly…
- It gets my hair bone-straight in 1-2 smooth glides. It also doesn’t snag or pull out my hair at all, and leaves it all shiny and smooth to the touch…
- It’s really easy to maneuver in terms of the cord length and the design of the iron itself. The tips are kind of rounded up so you can get it next to your root…
- I’ve mostly used this flat iron on max heat settings (450F) for DIY keratin treatments, and it worked like a charm. It’s also great at straightening my hair, but since it gets so hot so fast, this doesn’t surprise me…
- The plus and minus heat control buttons are placed on the side of the flat iron, but they don’t get in the way of styling, since they are a bit indrawn.
- It’s also really light, and there is no snagging, which is only to be expected out of titanium plates…
- This flat iron really does a great job and gets really hot very fast. However, the handle never gets warm, and it maintains the same heat during styling…
- No hot spots like with my previous iron…
- It’s really comfortable to hold and fits right into my hand. It does add some body and shine to my hair and leaves it all smooth and silky…
- This flat iron is really effective and easy to use. I’ve been styling my own hair for 12 years now, and so far this one got me the best results. I would definitely recommend it…
- For the first time, the styling process doesn’t exhaust me. It takes me up to 15 minutes to style my medium long hair…
You can see the user ratings of this iron on Amazon in the link below:
If you want a second opinion check out the user ratings on Amazon >>
The CONs – the negative reviews as per end users:
- After only 3 weeks of use the power button stopped working.. I’m currently waiting for a replacement.
- It doesn’t have a beeper to tell me when the flat iron has reached a certain temperature.. It only has a little light that blinks while it’s heating up..
- If you’re a first-time flat iron user with really delicate hair, start using it from the lowest heat setting and work your way up.. I’ve learned this the hard way…
- The 60-minute safety shutoff is ridiculous; I think it should be half that time…
My final rating of this product:
This flat iron really sets the bar high. With its titanium 1-inch plates and rounded edges, it reaches even the trickiest portions of your hair like roots and styles them perfectly. It’ s basically a professional product offered at the price of a home-use one.
The design tells a story of innovation, progress and a quest for balance between user-friendly and professional products. Simply put- it has all the necessary features anyone needs, and just some little extra to ward off the competition.
As a former hairstylist, I would be tempted to rate it 5 out of 5; however, since it doesn’t have a beeper to indicate that it’s ready for use, I would have to rate it 4.8 out of 5, because the designers took this little detail for granted.
I’ve been really interested in this flat iron because of the sleek design. I have mad cow-licks (not sure how to spell that) and curly roots and this looks like it would be great to get those straight. However, I’ve not heard of this brand and I don’t know where the best place to purchase it is without getting something fake or counterfeit. Do you know where this can be purchased and also who makes it? I can’t find any company information about TS-2.
Any info is much appreciated.