UPDATED: December, 2018
Instant Conair Ceramic Hair Straightener Review – a look behind the scenes
Choosing the best hair straightener can prove to be much more of a challenge than it might seem at first.
With such a vast market today and sooo many options between we can choose, how can we know what is the right choice for our hair? Luckily, I’m here to help.
I’ve been a judge in hairstyling competitions for little over 10 years, and I know what true quality is and what a huge waste of your money is at first glimpse.
It all might seem a bit confusing at first, so let’s see how this review will go down.
Let’s first see how we’ll go about this review, shall we?
- We’ll see what the company is saying about this hair straightener
- We’ll take into careful consideration user reviews- both good and bad
- I’ll give you my final grade on this product
The Instant Conair hair straightener specifications:
- 2 inch wide ceramic plates for even heat distribution and faster hair styling, gentle to your hair
- 30 sec turbo heat-up option; highest heat option- 400°F
- Heat recovery system regulates even heat distribution during the whole styling process for consistent results in every session
- 25 different heat settings that should suit any hair type
- Maximizing results are achieved easily with turbo mode, which increases the temperature by 36°F/27°C
The features of this hair straightener seem really good, but those are just company issued specifications.
Let’s see what the real people have to say about it. We will consider both positive and negative reviews of real end users.
Positive reviews as per end users of the Instant Conair flat iron – the PROs:
- Till this day, this was the best hair straightener I’ve used..
- This straightener doesn’t pull out my hair and it straightens it without frying it.
- I like that it has all of those different settings, it allows me to have more different looks with using just one product
- Safety first! I like that it turns off automatically after 60 minutes.
- It’s really compact, and the design is really smart. It fits perfectly in my hand.
- My wife has used this iron both in the USA and Europe, and it worked just fine.
- I have really long hair, and I like the fact I have to run it just once through it for bone straight results.
- It’s nice and wide, so it straightens my hair in no time and it heats up in like half a minute..
- This iron does what it box says will do…
- I like that I can keep it in the outlet and just push the on/off button, and if I forget to turn it off, it will turn off automatically after an hour. Great, because I’m forgetful!
- My hair is done in minutes, and it remains completely frizz-free for a whole day, it simply works as advertised
- This Conair product manages my coarse hair beautifully, like the previous products I’ve used. It also keeps my hair all shiny and silky; it doesn’t fry it at all.
- Such a great product and it got delivered really fast too.
- This is a great, small, dual voltage straightener; great for longer trips to places like Europe, it doesn’t take up too much space, and it’s really compact.
- I like that I could take it with me on business trips to Ireland, you just need an adaptor, and you are set. The design is also really nice, and it’s really compact.
- This product is really super easy to use and it’s super light as well, my girlfriend loves it…
- This iron glides on your hair real easy, and it doesn’t pull out your hair at all. Great value at an affordable price…
- In my experience, Conair are best hair products out there at a reasonable price. Will buy another one for my sister…
Head over to Amazon for more reviews users shared >>
Now for the negative user experience as per end users – the CONS:
- I felt that the length of the cord was very limiting, it needed to be 1-2ft longer at the very least…
- It does get hot fast, but I think that folks from Conair can do better.
- I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have any locking mechanism
- The hinge of the straightener was too close to the place where you pull your hair, I’m not used to this.
My resume on this flattening iron by Conair:
My first thought is that it’s great for those of us who travel a lot.
It seems really easy to fit any suitcase size, and the design is really smart and easy to use.
I’ve never worked with this product myself, but I’ve seen it in action, and it seems like a bargain.
It really protects your hair, and all of those safety options are really family oriented.
It also sounds like a great feature to have when you’re late for your meeting, and you leave it on in your hotel room before you storm out.
The only thing that caught my eye was the cord length- probably because it’s designed to be used in smaller rooms and while on the road, it doesn’t give you the option to walk around with it back and forth.
This is because it was designed for people that want to straighten their hair in minutes.
Overall grade: great value for your money.
Conair CS25WNCS Ceramic Ultra Slim Straightener Review – looks strange, but how does it work?
I know that choosing the best hair straightener, one that would be just right for your hair, can be drag.
We are being bombarded with information on the newest technology daily, but how can we see through the advertising tricks and decide which product actually suits our needs?
Luckily, I’m here to help you.
After working so many years shoulder to shoulder with hairstylists, I can tell what are the features that are actually useful, and which are just marketing tricks.
So, let’s see how the review of this Conair hair straightener is going to work:
- We’ll list all of the specifications of this iron
- We’ll take into careful consideration both positive and negative users’ reviews
- I’ll offer my final review resume and rating
OK, let’s see what the Conair Company has to say about this hair straightener:
- 25 different heat options that fit any hair type
- No hot spots, even heat distribution, 1 5/8 Inch ceramic plates, glides smoothly over your hair
- Optimal temperature guaranteed with uniform heat recovery feature for consistent results every time
- Auto shutoff
- Dual voltage, especially useful for worldwide travelers
Everything looks good so far, but let’s put this unit under some real “pressure” and see what end users have to say about it.
Positive reviews as per end users:
- I like it so much because it heats up so fast and styles my hair all in one glide…
- It leaves my hair bone straight, silky and super smooth…
- As a young African-American woman with extremely kinky and coarse hair I decided to buy this flat iron after a recommendation from my college roommate. This is my first, and I hope my last hair straightener.
- This is by far the best hair straightener I’ve used so far, and I owned my fair share of those.
- It was shipped super fast. It’s really light and easy to use. It fits my suitcase so it’s perfcet for my frequent travels…
- The best thing about it is that it tells you when it’s ready to use. It gets hot super fast…
- I live with three daughters, and we only had one hair straightener so far. I bought this one so that I can have my own, and now they fight over it…
- My hair was all done and bone straight in like 7 minutes; I’m very happy with this product.
- It does everything it says it will. Great value for your money in this one…
- I like this comb thingy at the very end that helps you style your hair evenly…
- You won’t be disappointed with this one. I owned like 5 straighteners before, and I can say this one is the best so far…
- It’s a great Christmas gift. It’s really easy to use, pretty wide and has this little comb on the side that helps you style your hair in no time.
- I have thick, coarse, curly hair, and I glide this iron just once or twice over it and it’s done. Amazed how it tames my beat of hair…
- I’ve had this one for years now. It traveled half across the globe with me. It survived falling and airport handling. On the other hand – it leaves my hair all silky and smooth, and the compliments don’t hurt either…
- It styles my hair without frying it, and it’s inexpensive too.
Let’s now carefully analyze negative reviews as per end users:
- The description says red, but mine seems more like plum.. It doesn’t bother me all that much, but I’m still thinking about replacing it…
- A totally different item was shipped to me by mistake…
- I’m all for minimal, eco-friendly packaging, but this product came in a box that was just plain white cardboard, wondering if this is a fake…
- The comb sometimes slides out while styling my hair, this is going back where it came from…
My review resume:
After reviewing all the pros and cons of this flat iron, I see no red flags or real deal-breakers here. This unit is sturdy and yet light and easy to use, and very gentle to your hair.
I have to say that, in my opinion, this iron is well worth the money. The dual voltage option and the fact that the size is suitable for travel are great, but the most important thing here is that it seems to be one the rare irons that’s this fast effective with minimal hair damage.
I am not sure about the added comb since, in my experience, almost every time they try to go overboard with features, it messes with some of the basics. I didn’t use it and I’ll have to take the users’ word on this one and presume that it doesn’t cause any problems.
If it just so happens that it arrived damaged, just contact the Conair customer care center. Their customer care representatives are very quick and efficient, I know that first hand.
Overall, a solid choice and good price/value balance.
Conair Mini You Hair Straightener Review – Mini by name Maxi in quality
Looking for that clean straight hair look that turns heads?
Finding a good quality hair straightener is hard enough even without calculating in the fact that it should be perfect in satisfying our own personal needs and preferences too. The key to getting the best hair straightener for you is having the right information at all times. That’s why I’m here.
Writing reviews is a constant struggle to give as much quality information in the smallest amount of text possible. We don’t want text walls that go into a bunch of unnecessary details, don’t we?
That’s why I try to keep my hair tool reviews as compact, unbiased and honest as possible. My readers have come to expect that of me, and I don’t intend to start letting them down now.
Why would I know more about Conair hair straighteners?
Well, it’s inevitable to learn all there is about hair tools when you’re a hair stylist and an ex-judge in hair styling competitions. I know all about the industry, and I started writing blogs and reviews in order to share my experience with people and save them some money along the way.
If you agree that any kinds of advice should only come from proven and experienced expert, feel free to continue reading.
Things to come
Let me just give you a quick rundown of how this review is going to look:
- We start thing of with some basic product specs. We’ll read the manufacturer’s specification and see what they have in store for us
- Then we’ll filter that info through some good and not so good user experiences to see what will stick around
- Ultimately, I’ll say a few words to give voice to my own opinion after it’s all said and done
Simple right? But effective.
Let’s get to work.
Basic info of this Conair flat iron
Let’s see what the company has to say about its hair straightener:
- Ceramic technology for added shine, frizz reduction and elimination of damaging hotspots
- Easy-glide plates for even heat distribution and silky smooth hair
- Perfect on the go
- Reaching high heat levels for salon like results
- Indicator light when the power is on
That sounds promising. Let’s see if the product can keep the promise that manufacturer gave us.
Good user experiences
First let’s check out the PROs:
- This hair iron is a true little gem. I bought it for my business trip to Germany, and I was surprised to see dual voltage feature, even after the description missed to mention it. My hair is very thick, shoulders length and I do it all at once without any problem. The plates glide through it like a charm without any pulling or tugging, and it leaves my hair looking and feeling so soft and silky. It’s also very small, so I use it to curl my ends also
- This is a great little hair iron! Especially for traveling purposes. It fits perfectly into a small pouch that’s heatproof, together with a cord. It’s lightweight, and it almost takes no space at all when you’re packing. It also does a great job with my thick hair, so I’m more than happy with it. Great buy
- I’ve read many hair straightener reviews after my old Chi went kaput, and decided to buy this little guy. It does wonders with my hair, and I can’t believe it costs so little. Besides being perfect for traveling, it’s also great for carrying around during the day. I carry it in my purse and practically don’t feel it’s there. One satisfied customer here
- I don’t believe the temperature this little hair iron can dish out! It’s exactly what I wanted, and I recommend it to everyone
- My hair requires straightening every single day. It’s curly, frizzy and simply a mess. Humidity doesn’t help also. This little straightener is a must-have in my purse. It’s heats up super quickly, and it comes with a cute little case that’s thermal protected. I can just do a little touch up, put it into its case, throw it into a purse, without any fear and be on my way. Super happy with this purchase
- Great price and the shipping was extremely fast. This is probably the best hair straightener I’ve ever owned, once you put the size/quality/performance ration in perspective
- I’m a single mother of two, and as you might imagine, I don’t have a lot of time for hair styling. This hair iron is great for me. It’s easy to use, small and doesn’t pull my hair or tangle in it. It also heats up fast, and when we’re going somewhere I just throw it in my purse or diaper bag and I’m all set. Perfect choice for me and I wouldn’t trade it for anything
Read more user ratings of this Conair on Amazon:
Silky smooth, straight hair makes for one happy customer. Who knew?
Not so good user impressions
- It takes a little longer to do my long hair than with some bigger models. But considering how mobile and compact it is, I guess that’s a compromise I’m willing to make
- It doesn’t feature any kind of temperature control…
- It does have dual voltage option, but I had to buy a plug adapter abroad, so keep that in mind when traveling
My opinion and ratings of this Conair straightener
We have an excellent product on our hands people. It’s small, easy to carry and use, performs beautifully, doesn’t pull on one’s hair, heats up extra fast, dishing out a respectable level of heat for its size. It also has a dual voltage feature, and it comes in a cute, heat-resistant pouch.
You can freely invest in this little guy. You won’t regret it. The price is a big plus as well.
Enjoy your Mini You and feel free to stop by anytime for another cup of reviews.