By far the best quality/price balance I have ever seen in a hair iron. It is once in a blue moon you can see a product with tens of thousands of online maintain such a high score - and this is one of those products.
It is a high-end product, and at the current price range it is a steal.
It did cost almost $200, but they recently changed that to below $40.
To be honest, I don’t why and I don’t know what’s going on at HSI – maybe they are trying to get rid of old stock or clear a warehouse – but at that price this high-end product is a steal.
The only downside is that it often goes out of stock because of the price, so you can’t always get it.
It’s also the only product with the quality of professional hair iron
That’s where professional and honest hair straightener reviews such as this one kick in. And we have an important question in front of us today, so let’ get cracking.
Why should my opinion matter to you?
Well, it’s not just MY opinion that we’re dealing with. I also bring you voices of thousands of customers whose reviews I read on a daily basis. Being a hair stylist and an ex-judge in hair styling competitions, I know good quality when I see it. The final Overall Rating of a product is a statistical combination of the two that’s been tweaked to perfection over the years.
What are the basics of my modus operandi in these reviews of hair irons?
I’ve developed my own special reviewing formula over the years. So here’s a quick peek:
- I’ll start by laying out some basic product specs for you, just so we know exactly what we’re dealing with here
- Then we’ll separate all that info into two brackets. True stuff and the pure marketing glorification coming from the manufacturer. We’ll do that by listing out some pros and cons, shared with us by the users themselves
- We’ll cap the whole story by me summing it all up and finally giving you the answer to our starting question
It’s short, it’s effective, and it’s straight from the trenches. This hair straightener is about to get hit by a true reviewing tornado.
Let’s get the basics down
As I said, first we’ll let the manufacturer state its case and tell us something more about its product:
- It’s a 3-in-1 kind of product, you can either straighten, curl or flip your hair
- Temperature adjustment option makes it suitable for all hair types. It goes from 240 to 410 degrees F
- Doing you hair will take less time, and leave it with optimal silky/shiny finish due to ceramic ion plates infused with tourmaline
- Plates are 1” wide, which makes them suitable for any hair length or type, yet they’re still narrow enough for bangs styling
- It transforms your dull, frizzy hair into sleek, straight, and gorgeous locks
That’s one compelling set of statements right there. If it all turns out to be true, well, I’m already hinting at that final answer.
What are the positive customer reviews saying?
Time to put some PROs in the bag:
- I like the accessories that came with it. I got a sweet travel bag, a handy heat glove, and a comprehensive user manual. Technology is my arch-nemesis, but even I got it to work perfectly with these instructions
- My god, the discount!! It just got at about 25% the price that I saw just a few months ago. I still can’t wrap my head around it, but this hair straightener is amazing! My hair never felt smoother, and it’s all done in minutes
- My hair is very fine and fragile so the heat control option is a true godsend. It’s all done in just one pass, and I finally have that super silky feel to it. Also, the swivel cord doesn’t twist or tangle, so that’s a load off too. Best hair straightener I’ve ever had, and I went through A LOT. Sincere recommendation
- It’s a wonderful little instrument. I can straighten my hair perfectly and give it a little wave at the ends too. It’ heats up very fast and keeps the temperature steady all the way, plus, the plastic parts behind the plates don’t get too hot so there’s no danger of burning my fingers if I grab those parts too
- This is the first and only hair iron that simply glides perfectly through my hair. There’s no pulling or tugging of any kind, and it turned my hair straightening time into pure delight. Also, I know for a fact that it’s built to last since my best friend has it for two years now, and it’s still going strong. She’s a daily user too
- Thousands of 5-star reviews for this HSI hair straightener on Amazon, is this for real?! Now that I have one and use it 2-3 times a week I can honestly say those reviews weren’t wrong. It’s money well spent on a product that just keeps on giving. My hair never looked healthier and never felt softer. I got a hefty discount too 😉
- Excellent ergonomics! It’s so easy to handle I feel like a true pro
- It’s like I was on Extreme Makeover. I’m not kidding around
For complete story from our ladies all around the world you can visit Amazon and look this model up:
What the users didn’t quite enjoy?
Let’s mix it up with some CONs:
- It has a weird smell to it for a few days…
- Not a fan of the design…
The resume of the reviews
I’m sorry but those THOUSANDS of 5-star reviews on Amazon are still resonating inside my head, but I’ll do my best to stay calm in the review and be completely objective.
Let’s sum up:
It’s built to last forever, straights and curls hair of any type or length, it heats up fast, distributes heat evenly, leaves no hair damage or that burnt smell after you’re done, glides through the hair perfectly, leaves it straight, silky, smooth, and healthy-looking… I could go on and on. I’ll just add the epic budget friendliness on top of all that.
Now, let’s answer the question that we began with:
Yes, it sincerely seems that this HSI hair straightener is just that good! There’s no two ways about it. The professionals say so, the users say so, and I must agree with them. With an Overall Rating of 4.9/5 and among the three this one is by far the least expensive
It’s an amazing product, and you can’t go wrong with it.
Enjoy it if you go with it!