When trying to find the best hair straightener that suits your needs and doesn’t exceed you budget, do you know what the absolute necessities are? Are you sure that you have your priorities straight and that you won’t get dazzled by all the fancy exterior and that you will not lose sight of your goal? We all need a helping hand from time to time, and I’m more than glad to lend you mine.
As a former hairstylist , I don’t get swept off my feet by hair products that easily. I have developed a strict rating system over the years of writing these reviews, and I must tell you that there were very few products that passed with flying colors.
What you can expect from this review of the Herstyler hair straightener:
- I’ll list all of the product specifications
- I’ll go through a choice of positive and negative end user reviews – PROs and CONSa
- I’ll give this product a final grade so that you can maybe one step close to finding the best unit for you
Product specifications of the Herstyler Colorful:
- Ceramic plates for even heat distribution and consistent results
- Straightens your hair quicker than the competition, so there’s less dryness, frizz and damage caused by heat
- Heats up to amazing 460 degrees F
- Preserves natural moister of your hair for a shinier and healthier look
The plates are 100% made out of ceramic to prevent hot spots and to reduce the exposure of your hair to the heat
And now for the positive end user reviews of this Herstyler hair straightener:
- This is my third Herstyler, and I’m never ever going to use a different one.
- It really doesn’t damage, pull or break my hair like my previous hair straighteners. My daughter and I couldn’t be happier with it
- I love this iron because it’s really easy to handle. My curly, coarse hair is now smooth in one glide..
- The thing I like the most about is that it doesn’t fry my hair, and all and that there is absolutely no smell radiating from the plates when it heats up….I saw this with my last hair iron…
- I’m a Latina, and I have a lot of unruly hair. I almost gave up on flat irons because they would simply make my hair even frizzier…with this iron my hair is smooth and frizz-free for up to a few days…
- This is my second Herstyler. I accidentally broke my first one, and got a new one right away because this is the only thing that works on my kinky hair.. I would recommend it to anybody..
- I purchased this Herstyler last Christmas, and it still didn’t let me down, not even once. All of my friends that have tried it out are amazed by the results.. Well, I guess I know what they’ll be getting for Christmas…
- I love this product, it heats up in seconds and after that it’s just smooth sailing. It now takes me less than 15 to style my hair, and trust me, I have lots of it.
- The box it comes in is absolutely gorgeous. It’s perfect for gifts…
- If you want to straighten your roots without any kind of relaxer, you’re in the right place… with this iron, your hair really looks as straight as if you used a relaxer…
- My hair is now so soft and smooth, and the results of styling last for days.. Since I use this flat iron I’ve noticed that it really keeps my hair healthy and it doesn’t fry it at all.
- I bought this flat iron about 5 years ago, and it still gets as hot as the first day.. The floating plates are really awesome, because I don’t have to press the plates together at all, they will do what they do best even if I don’t fry my fingers..
- It doesn’t pull out my hair or fry it, which is definitely a great improvement.
- I love the fact that it has tons of different heat settings that are really easy to use, and it gets really hot in seconds and stays as hot through the styling process.
What girls who own this hair iron had to share on Amazon:
And now for the negative reviews of the Herstyler flat iron:
- The only thing that I don’t like about it is the length of the plates. I guess I should’ve thought about it before getting it, but I’m used to at least one inch longer plates…
- Mine arrived with no visible damage, but it wouldn’t turn on. I’m waiting for a replacement…
- Sometimes when I curl my hair, when I make this particular motion with my wrist the cord gets all tangled…
- Heat setting dial doesn’t have numbers, so you do not know exactly what you’re working with…
My final rating and review resume of the Herstyler colorful:
Well, this Herstyler can really stand the heat. It has also proved itself to be a great, high-quality product at a very reasonable price. As a hair stylist, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that doesn’t want to waste tons of money, but still wants top notch results.
However, the things that the good folks from Herstyler didn’t really think of were the first-time users. With a dial that is unmarked, it can be really difficult to get familiar with all the different heat setting and find the one that suits you best.
But this is still a great hair straightener, and I give it a high 4.8 out of 5.