UPDATED: December, 2018
HairArt Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron Review – is it really a work of art?
We all think we know our hair. It’s been there as long as we can remember, and we take care of it every day.. Even when ‘taking care of it’ means tying it up into a ponytail. Since you’re not a professional, maybe it’s time to take some advice on choosing the best hair straightener for your hair.
If you reached this page, you’re in luck, I’ve been a hairstylist for 8 years, so I know exactly what your hair needs. No offense, it’s just one of many perks of the job. And additionally, not only do I know what your hair requires in order to look its best, but I also know where to look and what are general misconceptions and mistakes people make when buying hair products.
Before we go any further, let’s see how this review will be crafted:
- We’ll list all of the product specifications
- Then we’ll carefully go through both positive and negative end user experience
- In conclusion, we’ll give this product our final grade and try to figure out if it’s right for you
Let’s begin with product specifications:
- Both suitable for straightening and curling
- Turbo option; Heats up in 15 seconds (up to 410F)
- 1 3/8″ ceramic plates suitable for any operation; both for smaller and bigger portions of your hair
- 5 different temperature settings
- Professional swivel cord- no more tangling
Let’s jump right to positive end user reviews:
- I was skeptical at first, but now I use it every day. It styles my hair without frying it and leaves it healthy and smooth.
- I would recommend it to anyone who has coarse, curly, frizzy hair like mine. It straightens it and banishes the kinks in minutes..
- This is my second HairArt flat iron. I got it after my last one broke after 5 years of everyday abuse. It works even better than the previous one, and I’m hoping for another 5 frizz-free years.
- I’m a hairstylist, and I use this product daily for different looks: bone-straight hair, spirals, up-does, flips, you name it. It hasn’t let me down so far no matter what I tried to pull out.
- This is by far the best hair straightener I’ve had so far. It does exactly what I need it to do. Best part- it does it super quick and without frying my hair, and yet it gets so hot so fast.
- It heats up in like seconds, and it gets very hot. I’m really happy I don’t have to use max heat settings in order to get bone-straight hair freed from frizz for a whole day..
- My daughter and I share this flat iron, and we both have coarse hair with a lot of frizz and kinks.. We used to be at each other’s throats in the mornings, fighting over our old iron, and now that it takes us both less than 10 minutes to straighten or hair, we use those extra precious moments for morning coffee and not bickering..
- It takes me less than 20 minutes to style my hair, and I do have a lot of it, trust me. As an African-American woman with a lot of kinks in her hair, I couldn’t be happier that I’ve discovered such efficient and inexpensive flat iron…
- I’m a hairstylist, and my clients just love this iron. It’s great for curling or straightening, and the results are ultra fast, because this HairArt gets so steamy hot.. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a professional product at an affordable price.
- It super easy to use, and it fits perfectly into my hand. It gets super hot, but the handles are always cold to the touch..
- The best thing about this iron is that I can use it every day, and it doesn’t damage my hair at all.. I’ve had it for 2 years now, and my hair looks as healthy as ever…
Let’s now move on to negative end user reviews:
- It came without a cover case…
- The plates seemed a bit loose after 7 months of use, so I’m currently waiting for a replacement.
- Mine simply wouldn’t turn on.. I’ve tried every outlet in my house.. I’m waiting for a replacement.
My final resume of this product:
I believe that the user reviews speak for themselves, but let’s go over them one more time, just to make sure we’re on the same page.
What we have here is a professional flat iron with all the essential features that our hair needs – all at a very reasonable cost. Most of the end users report that their experience with this HairArt was positive, and even when there were complaints, there were no cases for any major alarm, like reports of hot spots or hot handles.
Now, we have arrived to the grading part. I will give this flat iron a 4.8 out of 5 stars only because I don’t believe perfection exists, even though this flat iron came pretty darn close. Anyhow, if you’re looking for a flat iron that comes with a cover case, this might not be your cup of tea. But this iron is, beyond a doubt, a killer investment.
Review of Herstyler Flat Iron Colorful Seasons in Purple – is this beauty worth the money?
When trying to find the best hair straightener that suits your needs and doesn’t exceed you budget, do you know what the absolute necessities are? Are you sure that you have your priorities straight and that you won’t get dazzled by all the fancy exterior and that you will not lose sight of your goal? We all need a helping hand from time to time, and I’m more than glad to lend you mine.
As a former hairstylist , I don’t get swept off my feet by hair products that easily. I have developed a strict rating system over the years of writing these reviews, and I must tell you that there were very few products that passed with flying colors.
What you can expect from this review of the Herstyler hair straightener:
- I’ll list all of the product specifications
- I’ll go through a choice of positive and negative end user reviews – PROs and CONSa
- I’ll give this product a final grade so that you can maybe one step close to finding the best unit for you
Product specifications of the Herstyler Colorful:
- Ceramic plates for even heat distribution and consistent results
- Straightens your hair quicker than the competition, so there’s less dryness, frizz and damage caused by heat
- Heats up to amazing 460 degrees F
- Preserves natural moister of your hair for a shinier and healthier look
The plates are 100% made out of ceramic to prevent hot spots and to reduce the exposure of your hair to the heat
And now for the positive end user reviews of this Herstyler hair straightener:
- This is my third Herstyler, and I’m never ever going to use a different one.
- It really doesn’t damage, pull or break my hair like my previous hair straighteners. My daughter and I couldn’t be happier with it
- I love this iron because it’s really easy to handle. My curly, coarse hair is now smooth in one glide..
- The thing I like the most about is that it doesn’t fry my hair, and all and that there is absolutely no smell radiating from the plates when it heats up….I saw this with my last hair iron…
- I’m a Latina, and I have a lot of unruly hair. I almost gave up on flat irons because they would simply make my hair even frizzier…with this iron my hair is smooth and frizz-free for up to a few days…
- This is my second Herstyler. I accidentally broke my first one, and got a new one right away because this is the only thing that works on my kinky hair.. I would recommend it to anybody..
- I purchased this Herstyler last Christmas, and it still didn’t let me down, not even once. All of my friends that have tried it out are amazed by the results.. Well, I guess I know what they’ll be getting for Christmas…
- I love this product, it heats up in seconds and after that it’s just smooth sailing. It now takes me less than 15 to style my hair, and trust me, I have lots of it.
- The box it comes in is absolutely gorgeous. It’s perfect for gifts…
- If you want to straighten your roots without any kind of relaxer, you’re in the right place… with this iron, your hair really looks as straight as if you used a relaxer…
- My hair is now so soft and smooth, and the results of styling last for days.. Since I use this flat iron I’ve noticed that it really keeps my hair healthy and it doesn’t fry it at all.
- I bought this flat iron about 5 years ago, and it still gets as hot as the first day.. The floating plates are really awesome, because I don’t have to press the plates together at all, they will do what they do best even if I don’t fry my fingers..
- It doesn’t pull out my hair or fry it, which is definitely a great improvement.
- I love the fact that it has tons of different heat settings that are really easy to use, and it gets really hot in seconds and stays as hot through the styling process.
What girls who own this hair iron had to share on Amazon:
And now for the negative reviews of the Herstyler flat iron:
- The only thing that I don’t like about it is the length of the plates. I guess I should’ve thought about it before getting it, but I’m used to at least one inch longer plates…
- Mine arrived with no visible damage, but it wouldn’t turn on. I’m waiting for a replacement…
- Sometimes when I curl my hair, when I make this particular motion with my wrist the cord gets all tangled…
- Heat setting dial doesn’t have numbers, so you do not know exactly what you’re working with…
My final rating and review resume of the Herstyler colorful:
Well, this Herstyler can really stand the heat. It has also proved itself to be a great, high-quality product at a very reasonable price. As a hair stylist, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that doesn’t want to waste tons of money, but still wants top notch results.
However, the things that the good folks from Herstyler didn’t really think of were the first-time users. With a dial that is unmarked, it can be really difficult to get familiar with all the different heat setting and find the one that suits you best.
But this is still a great hair straightener, and I give it a high 4.8 out of 5.
Herstyler Titanium Curling Iron and Straightener Review – what are the user reviews saying?
With countless choices available out there on the market, how can you ever be sure that you’ve chosen the best hair straightener for your hair? How can you tell the difference between fancy features and necessities?
That’s what this website is about, I’m here to help you.
I’ve worked as a hairstylist for over 8 years, and I can easily see through all the marketing scams and recognize true quality in a blink of an eye.
This is how we’ll organize this Herstyler hair straightener review:
- We’ll list all of the product specifications
- We’ll carefully consider all of the customer reviews, both good and bad
- We’ll determine if this product’s worth and see if it has passed our test
- Plates are injected with Tourmaline
- Suitable for use on any hair texture or length
- Very light, suitable for travelling
- No breakage, no hair pulling, runs smoothly down your hair
- Various heat settings
- 1-inch Titanium plates
- heats up to 440 degrees
- Floating plate technology
- dual voltage (110and 240 volts)
Everything sounds good so far, but those are just dead letters on paper. Let’s see what real end users have to say about this product.
The PROs of this Herstyler flat iron:
- This is, beyond any doubt, the best hair straightener I’ve used so far. Does what it says it will do on the box and more..
- I really like this hair straightener; the floating plates are really making the styling process super fast.
- It gets so hot super fast, and it styles my hair in less than 7 minutes. I just glide it once down one strand of hair, and I’m done with that sections. I have really coarse, kinky hair, and it used to take me up to an hour to style my hair.
- It’s really super easy to use. It’s light, and even though it gets really hot really fast, it doesn’t burn my fingers when I style my hair…
- Definitely the best iron I’ve had so far…
- It’s super light and very compact, so I carry it around with me all the time. I love the fact that it works as well in Europe as in the USA…
- The design is really smart, so it really fits nicely in my hand…
- My daughter adores this flat iron I gave to her for her birthday, especially because her favorite color is pink. She has thick, wavy hair that is, when it comes to taming all its kinks, a real pain in the @$$, and it used to take her up to an hour to straighten it. Now it only takes her 10 minutes…
- I’m really busy and don’t have much time to invest into my morning routine in front of my vanity, so I got a flat iron. It only takes me like 8 minutes to straighten my long hair, and it stays straight all day long…
- I’m really big on hair products, and I’ve tried, well, pretty much everything out there and I’m really happy with this naive-looking little flat iron. It does a great job straightening, and it also curls beautifully….
- it’s small enough for final touches on my fringes…
- I really love the job this iron does, and the price was a steal really. The plates never pull out my hair like my previous iron, and it gets hot sooo fast, without ever burning my fingers. It’s really light, and the pink color is a great plus.
- I’ve replaced my ancient hair straightener with Herstyler, and I’m really surprised with how much the technology has made my life easier. The plates don’t pull my hair out, and it glides just once through my hair and it’s totally straight. Amazing.
- Does a great job at curling my hair, and now I have a perfect Summer Waves look I’ve always wanted! This took forever with my previous iron, and the results were not as good.
Read a ton of PROs and CONs more on Amazon:
Now for the negative reviews as per end users:
- I wish it had more than one color option; I wanted to give this out as Christmas presents in a more neutral color to my girlfriends.
- Well, I wish it had a safety automatic shutoff option. I can be forgetful at times.
- I returned it immediately; I should’ve paid more attention while ordering.. Customer service was flawless, though…
- This flat iron came to me visibly damaged; there were chips on the plates. I’m waiting for a replacement…
My final resume of this Herstyler curler and iron:
While doing the research and reading through customer experience with this product, I’ve noticed that most of the end users reported that they had cut down their styling time significantly, and more importantly, there were no reports of hair damage…
As a person who works with professional hair products for years, I can say that this flat iron is perfect for anyone’s home and suitable for almost anyone’s hair.
If it so happens that your hair straightener arrives damaged, just demand a replacement or refund, I know the company and I know their response is usually speedy. The good folks from Herstyler customer service are extremely professional and good at what they do.
Anyhow, this hair straightener is an excellent choice. When in doubt, simply go with this flat iron, and you can hardly go wrong.
My final rating of this product is 4.8 out of 5.
Herstyler Superstyler Ceramic Plates Onyx Hair Straightener Review
Let’s face it – if you are an average girl/woman you simply neither have the time for extensive research or the expertise to choose the best hair straightener for your type of hair. No pun intended here, it’s just a jungle of a market today and it gets hard even for me, and I’ve been styling hair for over 8 years.
That’s why I started the website in the first place – to simplify your decision.
I’ll help you spot the difference between real value and a waste of your money.
This is how the review of this flat iron will go down:
- We’ll list all the specs and features as issued by the Company
- We’ll take into careful consideration a number of end user reviews, both good and bad
- I’ll summarize it all and give my final rating
Let’s see what the folks from Herstyler have to say about this iron:
- Heats up extremely fast thanks to cutting-edge MCH ceramic heater technology
- High and consistent levels of heat are guaranteed by Onyx ceramic plate technology
- Negative ion technology takes care of that pesky frizz and neutralizes positive ions
- Straight, Curl and Flip style possible all with one flat iron
- Innovative Floating Plates technology
The Company issued specs do sound great, but they might be talking up their product so they could sell it. Let’s put this hair straightener under some real tests and see what end users have to say about it.
Positive reviews as per end users – the PROs:
- Both my clientele and I and I, like the results of this flat iron. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do…
- There is never a burnt odor after using this flat iron, unlike with my previous unit…
- No hot spots
- It gets hot really fast and yet it doesn’t fry my hair. It leaves it all silky and smooth…
- It doesn’t pull my hair out, and it glides smoothly over it. It also takes cares of my coarse, kinky hair without damaging it, and it gets super hot really fast.
- I love that it goes up to 500F…I need that for my wild frizz…
- This is truly a good buy. What you read is what you get…
- The price was really affordable, and the service was super fast. It does a really great job of ridding me of that nasty frizz and keeping my hair straight for a whole day…
- I’ve used it in keratin treatments in my salon and for styling and I can say it works wonders.
- The temperature control makes it so easy to style…
- Great quality and durability at an affordable price. I’ve had mine for 4 years now and I don’t have any complaints so far.
- I’m so glad that with this product I don’t have to turn the dial all the way in order to get real results. I just turn it half the way and in 6-7 minutes I’m done…
- It leaves your hair so soft and manageable; it really looks healthy even after styling it daily with this bad girl for 2 years now…
- The first iron that actually got me the look I wanted with my wavy, coarse hair…would definitely recommend it for any hair type.
- I’ve tried a number of very pricey professional hair straighteners that did next to nothing for my thick hair. With this flat iron, I got better results than with the ones that cost 5 times as much…
- I bought this one to share it with my 3 daughters. They love it so much I can’t get my hands on it anymore, but I’ll definitely buy one just for myself 😉
Now as per negative end user reviews of this product:
- It could be just me, but it feels so heavy in my hand…
- Even though they are really popular right now, I don’t like the floating plates technology.
- Wrong product was shipped to me by mistake. I called the customer service and got a refund…
- Mine was a little chipped upon arrival; I’m waiting for a replacement. Hope it arrives as fast as the first time…
Now for our final summation on this product and the review resume:
Let us take a note here that this piece is one of the few home-use irons that can be used for keratin treatments. This fact alone can save you lots of boatloads of money if you are into keratin.
It is a bit on the heavier side, but having the materials used for the plates (high quality tourmaline/ceramic) that’s to be expected. It heats up and down fast and it features Onyx technology which allows for more negative ions to be released into your hair, thus shortening the exposure to heat.
Yes, this means far less damage to your hair and the same results.
While I was sifting through the negative reviews I saw no red flags. Most of those are a matter of taste or cases of getting a flawed product. I honestly can’t think of anything of substance to say that would cast a shadow over the quality of this iron.
This product has passed with flying colors. Great price, professional results and quality, all in one product. I would definitely recommend it.
In my book, 4.6 out of 5 stars.