How important are your hair products to you? Are you one of those people who like to know just what are they getting for their money’s worth? Do you tend to do some research before you purchase something? If you do, and you think you could use some good advice on finding the best hair straightener for your hair, you found just the place and please do read on.
Maybe you are wondering why you should take my advice, and that’s fair question. But as a former hairstylist of 8 years, I believe I can be of some assistance to you regarding this matter.
Anyhow, before we move on, let me walk you through the structure of this review:
- We’ll look at all of the product specifications
- Then we’ll take into account both positive and negative end user reviews
- In conclusion, I’ll give this product my Final Rating
Full customer reviews available on Amazon >>
Let’s begin with product specifications:
- Eliminates any need for blow drying your hair
- Both dries and straightens your hair
- Has an inbuilt steam vents that release any extra moisture while straightening your hair
- Has 26 different digital heat settings that suit any hair type
- Swivel cord
And now let’s move on to positive end user reviews:
- I’ve been using it every day for a while now, and it’s pretty much as good as it says on the box…
- When I’m done with my hair it’s sleek and smooth. The thing I like the most about it is that it can even reach my roots and get me the best results possible, without having to go to a salon.
- My stepmom uses this Remington in her salon, and this is where I first saw this bad boy in action. I ordered one for myself the next day, and I’ve been using it ever since. It really gets all the kinks out of my hair so fast…it’s such a life saver…
- For the first time I don’t have to put anything in my hair, no expensive lotions, mousse, etc.
- Not only does it get my hair as flat as a board, but it also leaves some shine and body to it. I would definitely recommend this product.
- I have really coarse, kinky hair, and nothing helped so far, besides going to the hairdresser’s. After I got this flat iron I completely eliminated the middleman and now I can get my hair dry and bone-straight in up to 5 glides per strand of hair…
- It used to take me about 45 minutes to blow dry my hair, and even that wouldn’t mean it was completely straight. The first time I used this product, I tried it on my wet dripping hair.. And the whole process took 25 minutes. I’m so happy with the results…
- I have long, curly and frizzy hair. I got this product for Christmas, so I gave it a try. I’m so glad I did, because it cut my styling time in half…
- For the first time my hair didn’t get all curly and frizzy 4 hours after styling it. This flat iron also left it all smooth and silky. Definitely the best hair straightener I’ve had so far…
- I wish somebody recommended this flat iron to me long time ago. It would save me so much time, money and spare me all the frustration…
- I wanted to get all-day results, without having to resort to chemical straightening. My friend told me about this product, and I just can’t believe how well it works…
- It used to take me 30 minutes to blow dry my hair, and then an additional 15 to straighten it. Now the whole process takes up to 30 minutes with 3 little kids interrupting me all the time…
Amazon also features a rating system based on user-feedback:
And now for the negative end user reviews:
- It beeps when it’s ready to use…the sound is really annoying…
- I got really scared when I first saw steam going out of the vent, even though the manual says it’s only normal. It’s not painful or anything, but I don’t feel comfortable. I’m switching back to a regular hair straightener.
- It has this button for adjusting the heat settings, and if you want to go from, let’s say 15 to 25, you have to push the button like 10 times.. That’s plain boring.
- I really see no point in having a digital controller on everything these days. I don’t really think that they’re such a great improvement, nor do I think that they’re essential.. I prefer a simple On/Off button.
And now for my final resume of this product:
It’s not often that I run into a product with as many functions as a professional iron at the price of a home-use product. Probably the best thing about them is that they all have an everyday use and are not redundant.
This is not the cheapest hair straightener out there, I’ll grant you that, but compared to everything it has to offer, it’s a worth every penny.
During my hairstyling days, I used quite a few Remington hair products, and it’s plainly obvious that they kept the standards really high.
However, because of the button that requires you to go manually through all heat settings one by one, I will grade it 4.8 out of 5.