When choosing the best hair straightener you have be clear on your goals and priorities. You need to know what absolute must-haves are and what big NO-NOs are. If you reached this page you have a professional with you willing to help you out.
I’ve been a hairstylist for 8 years, so one might say I know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m also very good at telling what are essential options any flat iron must have, and what are simply fancy, additional features you’re never going to use.
However, before we go any further, I would like to walk you through the concept of this review:
- We’ll list all the product specifications
- Then we’ll take into careful consideration end user reviews, both good and bad
- In conclusion, we’ll give this product our final grade and discuss its up and down sides
Let’s begin with product specifications as issued by the company:
- 4-inch long, one-inch wide porcelain ceramic plates
- Reostat technology for best temperature control; iron heats up to 450 degrees F
- Instant heat/recovery
- 8ft professional swivel cord; no more tangling while styling
Let’s proceed with positive end user reviews:
- This flat iron was everything I was looking for and so much more.. It really exceeded all of my expectations.
- My Babyliss doesn’t pull out my hair at all.. The plates glide smoothly over my hair and leave it silky and healthy.
- Best flat iron I’ve had so far. No hot spots, the heat distribution is even, and the handle never gets warm.
- I was concerned with the size of the plates, but you can really get flexible with 1-inch plates.. It’s now so easy to style both small portions of my hair like fringes and major, longer strands.
- I have really coarse and thick hair, so I did some research before this purchase, and I can say that this flat iron kicks some serious @$$.. It gets very hot fast and remains hot as long as it’s on, even on max heat settings..
- This flat iron is just so easy to use.. It feels really light in my hand, and everything is so straight-forward.. Most importantly, my hair is bone straight. Very compact and light as well.
- Great for both curling and straightening. I can’t believe how smooth and healthy my hair feels after using this flat iron..
- The last time I had such great results after styling my hair was when I got it hot combed.. I wasn’t that much into the idea of using a hair iron on a regular basis, but now I’m all up for it. Totally worth it.
- I would definitely recommend this product because it’s so affordable, and it doesn’t damage or break your hair. It also styles it really fast, which is probably why it doesn’t fry it.
- It arrived on time, and I’m really happy with this purchase. It does the job and does it well.
- This flat iron is so light and floats over my hair without me having to put any effort into it. My hair is all straight and shiny in like 10 minutes or so.
- Great product at an amazing price, and I do not say this lightly. I’ve always been picky about my hair products.
- It’s really light and easy to travel with because it’s so compact and smartly designed. I will take it everywhere with the from now on.
- The swivel cord is really long and makes the whole styling process much more pleasant. I used to get really frustrated with my previous flat iron because the cord was too short.
If you want to find out more, you can find a ton of user-ratings and other info on Amazon:
Negative end user reviews:
- I found it difficult to maneuver sometimes because the on/off button is oddly placed, so you sometimes accidentally switch it off during use.. Takes some getting used to.
- It gave my hair some weird smell the first few times I used it.. Hope that’s normal because it’s still brand new…
- The hinge on this model is at the end of the iron, which allows me less control over the tension compared to my last flat iron.
- This hair straightened arrived to me on time, but dented here and there.. Works well, but doesn’t look as good. I’m waiting for a replacement.
My final resume of this product:
We’ve pretty much covered everything there is to know about this hair straightener, so let’s see how it ranks with us.
This seems like a great flat iron to have for everyday use since the end users haven’t reported any hair damage after over a longer period of use. Another great piece of news is that it’s user-friendly and light, which makes the whole styling process much more pleasant.
On the other hand, bear in mind it might release some funny smell a first few times you use it.
In conclusion, I’ll rate this product 4.6 stars out of 5, and that’s because I believe that there is always room for improvements.