If you had any doubts about choosing the best hair straightener for your hair, don’t worry, I’m here to help you out.
As a former hairstylist of over 8 years, I can say that I have some knowledge when it comes to hair products. I can see right through all the ambiguities and tricks of marketing companies, and tell you what the real deal is and what’s a complete waste of your time and your money.
And more importantly, I have a lot of firsthand experience with all sorts of flat irons-both professional products and some that are just as good and efficient, but significantly more affordable.
It can’t hurt to get a second opinion, right?
This is what you can expect from this Remington hair straightener review:
- We’ll list all of the products specifications
- Then we’ll go through most important positive and negative customer reviews
- In conclusion, we’ll grade this product
Complete this review by checking the info available on Amazon >>
And now let’s review specifications of this product:
- Really long, 1 3/4-inch wide ceramic plates
- Anti-static technology implemented
- Responsive digital controls with the option of turbo boost that automatically heats it up to the maximum
- Heats up to 410F like in salons
- Heats up in half a minute
- Floating plates technology
- Safety 60-minute shutoff option
- Hinge lock
- Long swivel cord
Now let’s see positive end user reviews:
- I’m really pleased with this product so far. I’ve had it for 2 years, and it works like a charm.
- To tell you the truth, I’m a very lazy person that’s why I never even thought about getting a flat iron and bothering to style my hair. Then I saw my friend get her hair bone-straight in like 5 minutes tops before we went out, and I decided to get one. I’m very happy with how my hair looks now…
- I’ve never owned a flat iron that has a digital heat controller before, and I must say it really makes the styling process much faster and more pleasant…
- My hair is really long and thick, so it usually takes me about 40 minutes to style it. After my old flat iron broke I bought this Remington, and so far I’m totally pleased with the results, because it cut my styling time in half…
- This product straightens and curls my hair super fast and leaves it silky and smooth. Pretty much everything I need, plus it doesn’t make my hair fly around from the static.
- I bought this flat iron for my wife, and so far she’s been really happy with it. She says it now only takes her about half the time to do her hair it used to take with her old flat iron.
- After styling my hair with this hair straightener, it stays fixed for the rest of the day. It also leaves some body to the hair, even when I go for bone-straight look. No regrets.
- It doesn’t snag or pull out my hair, and it straightens or curls my hair after I run it through once..
- I’m a very particular and picky person, especially when it comes to choosing hair products. After a lot of research, I choose this model, and I can say that it’s really a great choice. I would definitely recommend it.
- I’ve tried several other flat irons and nothing works as well as this one. It gets my hair as straight as a board and keeps it that way for a whole day.
- It’s really light and compact. It also has a hinge lock which makes it perfect for traveling.
- It tames my frizzy hair in like 5 minutes.. Super powerful and easy to use.
Read what else people said about this Remington on Amazon.com:
Go here to read more reviews >>
And now for negative end user reviews:
- The only problem I had with it was this plastic smell that emitted when I turned it on the first three times…It went away now, but it was stuck to my hair for a few days…
- I didn’t pay much attention to that piece of advice about getting a heat protectant if you plan to use the highest heat settings every day like I did.. I used to have natural curls, and now my hair is just wavy from all the straightening…
- I’ve had a really hard time trying to figure out how to curl my hair with this unit.. It took me a good month to get the hang of it…
- I had to return this product because my sister accidentally spelt some water on it. The next time I tried to use it, there were some weird sparkles around the plates…
My final resume of this product:
I have a lot of first-hand experience with a plethora of Remington products from my hairstyling days, and this one seems to keep up with the greatest of them. I’m glad to see that they’ve been keeping up with the newest trends and user demands and that their prices have not gone sky-high.
This product definitely can stand the heat of professional hair straighteners. However, I will only give it a 4.8 out of 5 rating because of the smell some of the users have complained about during the first few days of use. If you get through this, you will be left with a high-quality product to do with as you please.
I just bought this straightener last week and I am trying to use it for the first time right now and I can’t raise the temperature at all let alone to 410 degrees. Any suggestions?