UPDATED: December, 2018
Has your hair been the “enemy” of the look you are after for as long as you can remember? I know the story all to well.
Today I bring you an article on Japanese hair straightening – what it actually is, how it works and, most importantly does it affect your hair in any undesirable way.
We’ll respond to these questions that girls often ask me:
- Can it be done at home and what to use if you go down this road?
- What do I use to take care of my hair after the procedure?
- What hair straightener to use if I’m doing it at home?
- Anything that you can think of about the procedure – from how it’s done to, most importantly side effects and how to minimize them
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I know because I’ve been there. There comes a time when there’s absolutely nothing you wouldn’t try just to say bye-bye to those persistent curls or insufferable frizz. If during your desperate moments you somehow stumbled upon Japanese hair straightening, let me tell you a thing or two about it, so you know all you should before pouring a bunch of chemicals over your precious hair.
What people frequently ask me:
Question 1: Can I do it at home, is it safe and what products do you recommend?
Yes, you can do it at home. The name “Japanese straightening” is just that – a name for a procedure that’s also known as “thermal reconditioning” and it can be done at home.
To do it safely and efficiently you need to:
- understand the basics of the process to minimize side effects (described in the manuals included in the products for thermal reconditioning)
- only use reliable, tested products (we’ll list a few in a minute)
- take proper care after the procedure
We asked 20 hairstylists to rate best thermal reconditioning products for home (use on a scale of 1-5) – here are the results:
|Name||Read more||Overall Quality Rating||Picture
|Quantum Thermal Straightener Normal/Resistant Formula||4.8 / 5||
|One'n Only From Jheri Redding Resistant Thermal Ionic Permanent Straightener Resistant||4.4 / 5||
|Bio Ionic Retex Hair Straightening System, Retex Kit||4.1 / 5||
Question 2: How do I take care of my hair after the procedure?
There is only a handful of products that are good enough to deep-condition and protect your hair from breakage between and after the treatment.
We asked the same experts to rate products used for hair-care between treatments and after the process (both done at home and salon) so that the side affects are minimized:
Here are the results of that mini poll:
|Name||Read more||Overall Quality Rating||Picture
|Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia for Dry or Damaged Hair||4.9 / 5||
|Earth Science Olive & Avocado Deep Conditioning Hair Masque, 6 Ounce Tube||4.7 / 5||
|Argan Oil Hair Mask - With Organic Argan Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil & Shea Butter||4.7 / 5||
Question 3: If I do it at home, what hair straightener do I use?
A high quality ceramic hair iron that will be as gentle on your hair as possible would be what you need.
Here are the experts picks:
|Model||Read more||Overall Quality Rating||Picture
|HSI Professional 1 Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron ||4.9 / 5||
|Professional Flat Iron by Jolie Amour||4.9 / 5||
|Infiniti Pro by Conair 1-Inch Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron||4.6 / 5||
Japanese straightening – it goes by many names
It’s important that you know exactly what to look for once you go to the salon or look for a solution to use at home, ready to change your hair permanently. Here are some terms that all mean the same thing, so you’ll know what it is, no matter how your salon decides to call it:
- High-tech straight perm
- Japanese straight perm
- Straight perm
- Thermal reconditioning
- Thermal reconstruction
- Thermal straightening
- Bio ionic hair retexturing
- Japanese iron straightening
- Thermal reconditioning
These are all just fancy names for straightening your hair, Japanese style. So, whatever name your salon opts for, you’ll know it’s basically all the same stuff.
Let’s see what we’re talking about
Before we go over the side effects, first we should get acquainted with the procedure itself.
So, what is Japanese hair straightening exactly?
It’s a procedure primarily designed for treatments of smoothing and conditioning. It was later that it spread its field of effect to straightening it. The procedure itself will permanently alter the structure of your hair by loosening the bonds of protein called cysteine, and your hair will be reshaped by hair cells straightening.
It’s a very time-consuming procedure, which will take a little less or more time depending on your hair’s length and thickness. But generally, it will take around 6 to 8 hours. It will also require an additional session three days after the initial one, which takes another hour.
It’s not a cheap thing either. The prices go around 300-1500 dollars, but satisfied customers say it’s certainly worth it.
The end result will be a permanently straight hair with rich natural texture. It will not only look awesome but will be easily manageable too. The new growth however will be a cruel blast from the past, so you’ll need additional touch ups in a few months or so.
So, what are the downsides?
They are far fewer in number than, let’s say Brazilian hair straightening or other treatments that use formaldehyde as their straightening tool, but they exist and should be addressed.
I don’t have to tell you that any treatment that uses some sort of chemical concoction in combination with extreme temperatures has the potential of harming your hair, right?
This procedure can devastate your hair if done by an inexperienced person, and the damage would likely be permanent. So, if you decide that this is the thing for you, be sure to find a trained professional, preferably one that specializes in this treatment. Otherwise, we’re talking about severe breakage, heat and chemical damage and even hair loss after the procedure is over. The damage is irreversible, so be absolutely sure you’re putting your hair into the hands of someone who knows what they’re doing.
Also, there are incompatible services that must not be done before Japanese hair straightening. We’re talking about coloring your hair, applying relaxers to it or any other chemical treatment. Combined with this straightening method, it will, as I’ve said before, devastate your hair beyond repair.
These are all known dangers that lurk behind Japanese hair straightening. There are not too many but are very serious. The good news is they can all be avoided by choosing the right person for the job and coming clean about all chemical treatments you underwent recently.
Once you have all these factors down the procedure is quite harmless, no different than dying your hair. Well, it takes a lot more time and money, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.
How to minimize the risk?
Before I go, let me show you a couple of things you can do to make sure it all goes smoothly and according to plan:
- Avoid this method if you’re all about changing your look regularly. Once you do it, there’s no going back. Additional treatments may cause damage, so things such as curls are out of the question
- Perform a strand test before the procedure to see how your hair reacts to chemicals. This goes twice for you if you’ve done any coloring or bleaching recently. Otherwise, the chemicals might irritate your scalp and bring upon you a heavy hair loss situation
- Type of your hair is very relevant as this method is not recommended for African curls. It features delicate tresses and the chemicals used can be particularly damaging
- Once the procedure is over, make sure you moisturize your hair properly and keep it away from the sun as much as possible. Treat it with products for deep conditioning and don’t you dare color it for at least 1-2 months after the treatment
What was my experience?
Just this spring, I decided to straighter my hair using this Japanese method. I felt like it would go better with my new look – I wanted to darken my hair a bit, straighten it and and lighten my skin to contrast it. For skin lightening I used the Zeta White that’s all the rage and that worked pretty well. The Japanese hair straightening on the other hand, not so much.
I went to a salon to have it done and I kind of ended up looking like a wet poodle – it was flat but it had no loft to it. I guess it’s time for a DIY the next time I try it.
Japanese hair straightening has a potential to do harm to your hair, but it can also be perfectly safe. The advices I’ve just given you make all the difference.
Just don’t take the whole thing lightly, make sure it’s done by a trained professional, don’t undergo any incompatible treatments, and you’ll be perfectly fine.
It’s time you get control over your own hair. Just follow the instructions to the letter and it will be eating from the palm of your hand in no time.
Let’s see some reviews now
Conair Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Straightener Review – professional quality at the price of a home flat iron
Having your own flat iron can save you so much time and money on regular trips to the hairstylist’s, but do you know exactly what you should pay attention to when looking for the best hair straightener for your hair?
I’ve been a hairstylist for about 8 years, so I had to make many executive decisions when it comes to hair products I would use on customers.
I did a ton of research over the years and tried out countless products.
Yes, there were some leaps of faith, but in the end, I acquired knowledge and skills and became somewhat of an expert on the matter.
Read about different user-experiences on Amazon >>
Let’s see what the review of this Conair hair straightener will look like:
- We’ll list all the product specifications
- Then we’ll go over both positive and negative end user experience
- In the end, we’ll grade this product
- 2-Inch plates made out of tourmaline and ceramic
- Ceramic heater for consistent temperature level
- 24 hour hold technology – 24 hour of humidity protection and 70% less frizz
- Instant heat up- 15 seconds only
- Protective heat shield included
Now let’s move on to positive user reviews of the Conair hair straightener:
- Totally worth my money. So far I’m really happy with this product…
- This flat iron is yet to fail me. I’ve had it for 3 years now, and I’ve been nothing but completely satisfied with consistent results.
- I gave this Conair a try a few months ago, and I must say I was really surprised with the results. My hair is as shiny and straight as if done by a professional hairstylist…
- It takes me about 15 minutes max to style my hair with this flat iron, and trust me, I have a lot of it. It gets so hot super fast and glides smoothly over my hair without damaging it.
- I’m not the one to wrap my hair before bed time, so once I straighten my hair with my flat iron the results are almost the same the next day, so I straighten it only a few times per week. It has worked great for me so far.
- I really like the fact that this Conair’s plates are not only ceramic coated, but made entirely out of ceramic, because the coating wears off after some time, and then the plates start snagging your hair. I’ve had this flat iron for one snag-free year, and I look forward to many to come.
- This flat iron has the most modern, smartest and sleekest design I’ve ever seen. It fits perfectly into my hand and doesn’t weigh much, so it’s really easy to use. The buttons are responsive and overall, this is an exceptionally user-friendly unit.
- This is pretty much a flat iron that got me the best results so far. It doesn’t fry my hair, so it looks shiny and healthy even after a few months of straightening it every day.
- I have really looong and kinky hair and this flat iron gets it bone-straight all in one smooth glide.. It doesn’t leave any kinks or waves behind, pretty impressive.
- I really like the fact that it has 4 different heat settings, from 310 to 395 degrees. It gets my hair straight even on 330 and 360 degrees, so I don’t have to worry about damaging my hair so much anymore.
- I have tons of fine, curly hair, so it was really difficult to get a straightener that would get the job done without frying my hair. It gets my hair as straight and as smooth as when I go to see a professional hairstylist.
Click below to see what owners had to share on Amazon:
Click here to read more >>
And now for the negative end user reviews of this flat iron:
- The temperature controller and the on/off button are kind of oddly placed…
- Since the first day, the On/Off button was acting up. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn’t. I got tired of it, and I’m waiting for a replacement.
- I just thought that the plates would be wider than this. This was my first flat iron, so I’ve learnt my lesson.
- It stopped working after about 10 months for no reason, and I threw away the box and the receipt.. The little LED light still comes on, but it doesn’t heat up at all..
My final thoughts on this product:
After working as a hairstylist for 8 years, you get tricked into thinking that you know it all and that you have seen it all. After having done extensive research on this model of Conair in particular, I’ve realized that you can actually get a professional hair iron, without it costing you an arm and a leg.
The only thing that caught my attention was the placement of the buttons. I believe that the designers could’ve figured out a far better solution for heat controller and On/off button placement. This is why this hair straightener will only get 4.6 out of 5 stars, but this is certainly as good as in-home styling gets.
Other Honorable mentions:
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium review – what’s so good about this product?
The search for the best hair straightener that will give you that straight out-of-the-salon look can be a daunting task to say the least.
It has to be good-quality, easy and comfortable to use, safe, and preferably not too hard on the budget. Good luck finding all that in a single product without a little help on the side. That’s where I come in.
Who am I and why should you listen to me?
A blogger, but also a hair stylist and an ex-judge in hair styling competitions. I’ve been writing about hair styling for ages and know my way around the industry like my own pocket.
Plus, I always aim to incorporate as much user feedback in my reviews as I possibly can. I read tons of them for every single of these reviews and always have my finger on the market’s pulse. Customers that bought and used a certain product always provide the best insight, and their reviews are the focal point of all of my articles.
So, if you’re into pure professionalism and honest reviews, backed up by the users themselves, stick around and I promise I’ll make it worth your while.
My reviews 101 – how do I structure them?
Here’s a little taste of things to come:
- Our opening chapter is reserved for the manufacturer. We’ll list out its product specification and get acquainted with this hair straightener a bit better
- We’ll then proceed to the main event and give the stage to our fellow customers. They’ll share with us some of the pros and cons, so we can put what the company said into the right perspective
- Finally, my own 2 cents will come into play, and I’ll give my honest opinion about this product. What makes it good and what has some space for improvements
Sounds good? Let’s get to work.
Let’s get to know the Babylisspro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron a bit better
Like I said, let’s hear it from the manufacturer:
- Nano titanium plates
- Max far-infrared technology and negative ions emission make for one gentle and fast hair straightening without any damage
- Several LED temperature settings up to 450F will make curling or straightening considerably faster
- Perfect hair gliding without any pulling
- Ultra-lightweight and ultra-thin
We’re starting to glimpse the answer to our title question here. Let’s see how much of the story actually holds water.
What are the positive user experinces?
First we’ll go over some of the PROs:
- I’m cursed with hair that’s naturally kinky and coarse. Getting my hair straight turned into a true nightmare since I’ve stopped using any relaxers. Doing it at home was not an option, and my salon bill was about 65 dollars a visit. My hairstylist recommended this straightener, and it’s a true miracle! I can’t imagine a day without it now. It turns my kinky and frizzy hair into a perfectly straight thing of beauty that’s both silky and smooth to the touch. Wholehearted recommendation
- My hair is wild and simply put out of control. I’ve tried a ton of products, and this is the best hair straightener I’ve come across. My hair is straightened in just minutes, and it stays that way until I wash it
- I bought this hair iron three weeks ago, and I love it so far. My hair is super frizzy and naturally curly, and it turns into a horrendous mess when the humidity is high. This iron has been amazing! It straightens my thick hair in 15 minutes or so, and the softness and shine are unheard of. It stays straight even on super humid days, and I couldn’t be happier with it
- Heats up ultra fast, and it keeps a steady temperature throughout the whole process. It’s very easy to use, and it doesn’t heat up in the area around the fingers, which is a very good thing for me based on my past experiences
- My hair is very fragile and prone to heat damage. That’s why the heat adjustment possibilities of this hair iron are simply a blessing. I can get the temperature exactly as I want it, and I know that’s what I’ll get. It also doesn’t leave my hair smelling all burnt after I’m done
- This is the first hair straightener I found that glides smoothly through my hair without any pulling or tugging whatsoever. My hair is also very thick, but somehow I manage to get it all done in half the time it took me with my previous straighteners. It’s a great tool, and I’m super satisfied with this buy
- It got here two days earlier than it should. Good job guys!
- It’s a wonderful product that does wonders with my obnoxious hair. I even got a 50 dollars discount online, and that really put the cherry on top of this cake.
Read what else people had to share about this iron on Amazon:
Click here to visit the site >>
My hair never looked healthier, and I really feel like I put it under my control for once
Not so pleasant things users had to say
CONs it is:
- I have kind of big hands and it takes some time getting used to the grip
- It spreads kind of a funny smell the first few time using it
What is the final rating for the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium?
Overall Quality Rating of 4.5 and one of top 10 hair irons on the market today.
It’s well made, dishes out some intense temperatures, heats up in an instant, has a great heat adjustment possibilities, easy to use, feels comfortable in hand, doesn’t heat up near your fingers, glides smoothly through the hair, leaves it soft, shiny, and silkier than ever, it’s light and thin, features infrared and negative ions technologies, has nano titanium plates, which are the best there is….
It’s a great hair straightener and a wonderful addition to your hair styling bag of tricks.
Get it, enjoy it, and be beautiful.
Infiniti Pro by Conair 1 Inch Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron Review – is the Conair infiniti hair straightener the best product ever to some from Conair?
Ever searched for the best hair straightener to fit your needs, and just didn’t know where to start? Or found yourself simply baffled by the sheer quantity of information once you gave a couple of hair straightener reviews a go?
It’s perfectly normal given the age of information we’re all living in. Having a vast number of choices is certainly a good thing, but it also raises your chances of making the wrong one and wasting your hard earned cash on a low-quality product.
Well, the confusion ends here
I’m here to make sure that never happens to you. We’ll find those hidden gems and debunk the phonies. That’s what my reviews are all about.
Why should you continue on reading and why would I know inside stuff about Conair Infiniti?
I’ll simply let my years of experience as a hair stylist and a judge at hairstyling competitions do all the talking for me. I’ve spent my life around hair styling products, so I think I have a pretty good idea what I’m talking about. I know the industry, the manufacturers, and a high-quality product when I see one.
I also pay great attention to customer reviews. I read tons of them every single day in order to bring you the best possible opinion on certain tools, not only from my own perspective, but thousands of them.
General structure of the Conair Infinity review
I like to do a little content check before I start with the actual reviewing part, so here it is:
- First we’ll get to know a bit more about the product itself by reading what the manufacturer had to say about it
- Then we’ll put all of that to the test of the customers. We’ll see the good things they had to share, but also the bad
- Finally, my turn to speak and judge the product based on what I know and what I’ve read up to that point. I’ll give you my own honest opinion and tell you whether you should go for this product or not
With that out of the way we can start doing some actual work. So, let’s get started.
You’ll find more ratings and user opinions on Amazon.com
Here’s the spot, you know what to do >>
Manufacturer’s product specification
Every specification is a promise of sorts. Whether we can hold the manufacturer to its promise or not is up to the user to decide for us, but for now let’s just see what the actual promise is:
- Anti-static and anti-frizz results with less damage are provided by the tourmaline ceramic technology
- Less frizz and an 89% straighter hair
- It takes it 15 seconds to heat up, and it features 30 different heat settings. 455 degrees F of operating temperature
- Faster gliding through the hair due to 3 times smoother surface
- Bonus offer includes one Argan Oil Treatment. It protects, nourishes, and revitalizes hair, providing optimal protection and conditioning
That’s one hell of a promise for sure. Let’s see how much of it we can actually trust.
PROs based on what the people using the Infinity by Conair are saying:
Let’s hear some of the good things about this product, directly from the customers:
- I’m a freak when it comes to flat irons. I own more than ten of them, from your average Walmart buys to professional, high-end straighteners. This one takes the cake easily. I’ve been using it daily for about two weeks now, and it’s been an amazing ride.
- It heats up super fast, and the heat is pretty intense. It glides easily through my hair, and it’s done in like half time it took me before
- I like how the speedy heating up and how it leaves my hair super shiny, perfectly straight and smooth. I fell in love with it after the first go. I have a very long hair, and it was all done in less than 15 minutes. Pure magic
- I positively love this thing! My hair is naturally wavy and very frizzy, but somehow this flat iron makes it feel like pure silk to the touch. I like the length of the plates, as it seriously cuts down the time it takes me to do my entire hair.
- Lightning fast when it comes to heating up, and it seems very durable. Worth every cent
- The heat this little guy reaches is absolutely insane. It’s a hair salon type temperature we’re talking here. It heats up before you know it, leaves my hair looking more beautiful than ever, and I love the auto shut-off option since I’m in a hurry more often than not
- Works better than my old Chi ever did
- Best hair straightener ever! Made my curly hair jet straight, and did it quickly. And it remained straight until I washed it, which is a blessing. I turned from a daily flat iron user into almost a weekly one
- Super easy to use, doesn’t get hot near the fingers, and it makes the hair super straight, smooth, and just healthy looking. Sincere recommendation
Time for the other side of the coin:
- Some of the paint was chipped off when it first got here. I decided it’s not too big of a deal if it all works properly, and it certainly does. It’s a great product, and I’m definitely satisfied with this buy
- It gets too hot for my thin hair, and I’m not all that tech-savvy to set the temperature to my preferred one
- Some of the paint seem to have come off during use
- It takes some time to do the curling with this straightener
Conclusion on Conair Infinity
It’s a quality product that won’t hit your budget too hard. It’s right there alongside some of the 200+ dollars models, which makes it the avatar of budget-friendliness. It offers significantly more than it costs as we had a chance to hear from our “insiders from the field”.
So, you can freely go for it, as it will not only pay itself off, but it will also save you money you would spend on some of the more expensive models.
Hai Hot Tunes with MP3 player Styling Iron Review – a real piece of eye candy, but let’s dig deeper and see what’s behind…
Choosing the best hair straightener that will suit your needs can prove to be more difficult than it might seem at first. With all the choices out there on the market, it might be more complicated than ever. Lucky for you, I’m more than glad to help.
I’ve worked as a hairstylist for 8 years so you could say I’ve got some experience. After using a lot of professional hair products over the years, and having to choose which we will use in our salon, I can definitely say I have the knowledge and the skills when it comes to flat irons.
Here’s how we’ll go about this Hai hair straightener reviews:
- We’ll list all of the product specifications
- Then we’ll carefully consider all of the user reviews, both good and bad
- In the end, we’ll just see if this iron passed or not and if it’s worth it
Let’s begin with specs of this Hai flat iron:
- Nano ceramic plates are infused with tourmaline for best results
- Infrared rays and negative ions Technology gently yet efficiently seal the hair cuticle and lock in color and moisture
- Heats up from 170°F to 400°F; adjustable heat control
- Flash heating – quickest recovery time for styling in one glide and consistent temperature. No hot spots
- Balanced and lightweight
- TUV certified
- Low EMF
- 1-year warranty
- Simply drag and drop your favorite music files; USB cable included
Impressive, but let’s see how have all of these features proven in real situations and hear out the reviews of end users.
The PROs as per the users:
- My teenage daughter loves this flat iron and her MP3 player. Now she starts her day with up-beat music and styling her hair. Her hair looks healthy as well as silky.
- I was really worried about the quality of the plates themselves on this product considering it has an in-built MP3 player…
- And I needn’t have been. My youngest loves it, and her hair looks straighter and silkier than ever. Her sisters fight her for it now because they all seem to like it so much.
- The iron itself looks super cool, and it glides smoothly through my daughter’s thick, curly hair. She needs to run it through her hair once for bone-straight results.
- It really styles my hair well even on lower heat settings…
- My daughter begged me to get her one of these, and I was really concerned that daily use would damage her hair. I needn’t have worried; it doesn’t pull out of fry her wavy hair, and styles it beautifully. She likes when I play the music before school while I do her hair.
- Fast shipping, great service. High quality product at a reasonable price. My daughter loves it.
- I really like my Hai. The white and blue design is lovely, and it’s a great product even if it wouldn’t play music. The plates get all hot and ready really fast and glide smoothly through my hair and do a perfect job straightening it. And most importantly, it was a bargain.
- I don’t style my hair on regular basis because I don’t want to fry it or cause permanent hair damage. It always feels healthy and soft after styling it, which the most important thing for me. It works great even on lower heat settings.
- I really love this flat iron because I like to take my time and style it with the lowest heat setting, and I just put an audio book or a playlist on it and sit in front of my vanity. It made the whole process much more enjoyable.
- I would definitely recommend this product to any teenager that’s looking for a more unique flat iron and doesn’t want to damage their hair. The design is really fashionable, and the iron itself is light and easy to use. I got one for my daughter and she loves it.
Check out the product page on Amazon for more pictures of this model
Negative end user reviews – the CONs:
The first time I tried to put music on the iron it reported some kind of error. I’m using a Mac; I imagine this wouldn’t happen on a PC. I guess I’ll just try on my laptop later.
The music player stopped working after 1 year of use. The iron itself still works well, but I still demanded a replacement…
Mine arrived damaged; the plastic was a bit dented. I got a replacement…
This little scratchy sound comes out of the speakers sometimes when the iron is on for too long. Well, I guess I shouldn’t be using it like an MP3 when I’m not styling my hair.
My resume of this hair straightener review:
First of all, let me notice that this is a great “initiation” product into the complex world of hair care. Let’s say you have a teen or a pre-teen, you want them not only to be happy but also not to damage their hair. Then you’re in the right place.
As a hairstylist and a mother, I would not opt to have this product in my salon, but I would definitely buy it for my daughter. I would like to think that she listens to audio books while sitting in front of her vanity.
If by any chance the MP3 doesn’t seem to be working, simply replace the product. It has a 1-year warranty.
In conclusion, this is high quality yet naïve looking hair straightener with some fancy features included. My final grade for this product is 4.8 out of 5. Enjoy!
Remington S-9951 Frizz Therapy Flat Iron Review – the purple monster. Is it worth the price?
I awarded this baby the Best Deal on the market of hair irons. Minutes into the review you’ll understand why.
This hair straightener is one of those gems you find once in a while that offer professional quality for the price of an iron for home use.
I’ve been a hairstylist for over 14 years now (and a competition judge for a while), and I know colleagues that are actually using this piece in their salons, in spite of the fact that it was meant for personal home use. But we’ll also take a look at the potential negative sides in this review so that you can make a calm and informed decision.
But let us get to the point and see what’s so good about this iron.
Here’s what I’ll do in the review of this Remington:
- List the specifications of the straightener
- See what the people are saying – the good and the bad reviews, PROs and CONs
- My Final resume
Let’s get our hands dirty and our facts straight. As well as our hair 🙂
The specifications of Remington Frizz Therapy Flat Iron:
- The first hair iron that will keep away the humidity and frizzy hair for 15 hours +
- The plates are solid ceramic, professional quality, infused with a mix of avocado oil and conditioners to minimize the damage to the hair
- Adjustable heat of up to 430 F with temperature displayed on the digital LCD
- A new to the industry, turbo boost function will heat up the plates to the desired temperature in 30 secs
- Other features: Automatic shut off, cool ends of the tip, cord swivel and hinge lock
So, there’s a lot of bragging by Remington about this purple looker and of course they’ll say that it’s good, they are trying to sell it. But let us put it under real scrutiny and see what the actual users are saying.
There’s no better way to decide if this is the best hair straightener for your needs.
The PROs – the positive reviews:
- Afro-Americans with natural curly hair, this is your miracle…as the proud mother of two daughters with kinky restless hair that used to curl back up within minutes with the other iron’s I’ve used. I am amazed at how well this iron works, and with no additional products…
- My hair stylist told me to get this to minimize the damage to my hair when ironing it at home…
- Makes the hair just as straight as using a relaxer…
- I am so happy I found this Remington, I was going through irons like crazy…this one is a keeper…
- The best damn hair straightener I’ve ever used, forget the frizz…
- It never snags my hair…
- I like the safety shut off. Nice touch, being as forgetful as I am, this is one less thing to worry about…
- I’ve had cheaper Irons, but this product is worth every dime. It already lasts many times over the cheaper ones and works miracle on my frizz…
- My hair is kind of wiry and wavy. I’ve been struggling with the issue going through a number of irons and different brands without any real luck. But this Remington seems to be doing the trick…so far so good…
- I’ve been so frustrated with my stupid hair for years and this straightener in combination with GVP Smooth Serum is what did it for me. I am not exaggerating when I say that it changed my life, made it a heck a lot easier…
- I got the recommendation from my hair dresser and now, I actually prefer this Remington to my CHI, which I was in love with…
- Nowhere near as much frizzing as with my previous irons…
- Simply the best hair straightener I ever had…
- I have a dry and curly hair and nothing really worked before I got this iron. For me, it works much better (without any additional products) than the other irons worked with tons of conditioners and oils…
- I am not sure how, but after using this Remington my hair actually stays straight even in humidity…
- I am using this iron to curl my hair, because they told me that the oils in the plates or something like that minimize the damage to your hair…
If you want to know more, visit Amazon for some extra content:
Click here for extra info >>
The negative reviews of the iron – the CONs:
- It started off just great, but then it started switching off automatically. I sent it back, and I am waiting for a new one to arrive.
- I really don’t like the position of the control buttons…
- I can’t get a good grip on the handles. I do have kind of big hands, but I think they could have done a better job with the design there, maybe make it thicker…
- When the irons heats up, it develops an odor for more than a month in my experience, I am not sure why no one else is talking about it…
The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about this product is – value for money. It does offer professional quality results for the price of home use iron.
I know this product first hand. I am not using it, I am using my Paul Mitchell, but I know that some colleagues of mine (hairdressers and hair stylers) are using it at salons.
If it’s good enough to replace professional irons that cost hundreds, it’s worth buying for the price, I sincerely mean it. That’s why I gave it the title of the BEST DEAL among all the straighteners here. When I look at the negative reviews, I don’t get any red lights there.
The one things that caught my eye was the issue of it switching of during use. No doubt about it, this is a flaw of specific items, because the actual secure switch off is designed and will only switch off if no button is pressed for 60 minutes.
If you are seeing an issue of your Remington switching off within minutes, you received a flawed product. Just return it. This part is easy with Remington, they have a very friendly, customer oriented customer service.
Overall, great value for money.