1. Tell us a little about yourself
Im a mother of 2 daughters, a professional hair stylist and a DIY hair blogger at Howtohairgirl.
I’m also creative CEO of ShamPHree Shampoo-free life hair products.
2. What made you start blogging and what’s the story behind HowToHairGirl.com?
I was home with a baby and a whole lot that I wanted to say and teach but without the proper platform.
Blogging was the perfect way to reach the masses with my message of DIY hair empowerment and using hair to experiment with identity in a positive way.
3. Can you remember the moment when you realized that hair styling is your passion? If yes, tell us more…
Since the first time I cut my American Girl Molly doll’s hair off at the age of 6.
I was absolutely hooked.
4. Do you have a hair style that you like working on most? Is there something that puts a smile on your face when you hear a customer request…
Break-up cuts are always fun. Any big style change to mark a life change….Those are the fun ones!
5. Do you have favorite brands in hair styling products?
ShamPHree, of course! And I have worked with Kevin Murphy for years and I like their line.
I love the Veggie dye lines like Pravana, Manic Panic and Special Effects.
6. Do you personally prefer classic hair styles or enjoy following trends?
Little of both.
I mostly like starting trends.
That is another fun part about blogging!
7. Please give us your 5 main tips for the the girls out there trying to find their “look”
- Try something new
- audit your beauty routine….See what habits are no longer serving you in a positive way and ditch it. Make room for beauty experimentations. Don’t trust all lables. Try things out and find what works for you.
- Never follow a trend that doesn’t feel right or makes you feel overly self conscious.
- Forget what other people think.
- Have fun and be bold!
8. What are your favorite hair styling websites/blogs?
I like hair romance for braids, confessions of a hairstylist for great wearable tutorials, Hair Dresser on Fire for personality, She Lets Her Hair Down is just so pretty and inspired.
9. A message to your fans.
Don’t fight your hair.
It has it’s own answers.
Listen and pay attention and have fun with it.