1. Tell us a little about yourself
We met about 3 years ago working while for a make-up brand BECCA Cosmetics, realising we shared the same vision and passion for making women look good and feel beautiful we decided to set up our own company.
We mainly concentrate on brides, special occasion make-overs and make-up lessons.
2. What made you start blogging and what’s the story behind AndreaPamelaMakeup?
Too many times the cosmetic approach to make-up is to alter features not to enhance them, we believe that make-up should not be a disguise but a way of enhancing inner beauty, this our philosophy.
We write a lot blog pieces for bridal blogs either sharing our tips and tricks or how to re-create looks.
3. Can you remember the moment when you realized that makeup is your passion? If yes, tell us more…
For both of us it was probably the first wedding we worked on, that amazing feeling when the bride looks in the mirror and loves the way she looks.
It’s so special to be such a big part of each brides today and is such a rewarding and enjoyable job.
4. If you had to make it, how would your list of 5 most important makeup products look like?
- Benefit Pore-fessional Primer
- Amazing Cosmetics Concealer
- Kevin Aucoin Cream Blush
- Lancome Oscillation Mascara
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector (highlighter)
5. Do you have favorite brands in makeup products?
We love TOM FORD products, although they are at the higher end of the price range his products are flawless and just glide onso beautifully.
We love BECCA products as they are so light and natural. Amazing Cosmetics – Amazing Concelaer is probably the best we have ever found its highly pigmented and covers anything without looking heavy or cakey.
6. Do you personally prefer classic makeup styles or enjoy following trends?
We work to what ever our client wants but we probably do prefer a more classic look, esp as we are mainly working with brides our clients tend to want to keep their make-up simple and classic anyway.
7. Please give us your 5 main tips for the the girls out there trying to find their “look”
- Skin in the most important part of your make-up, get colour matched and make sure you wearing the right shade for your skin tone.
- Keep it simple for the day sticking with neutral tones, save bolder colours for the evening!
- Wear shades on your eye’s that are opposite to your eye colour not the same, this will make them stand out so much more.
- Bluey undertones on lips are going to make your teeth look brighter and whiter.
- Go with either a bold lip or a bold eye, don’t go for both together this can make make-up look over done. Go with which ever one you prefer to extenuate.
8. What are your favorite makeup websites/blogs?
We love Charlottle Tilbury, Lisa Eldriges and Pixie Woo, their step by step guides are great
9. A message to your fans.
Thank you for reading! If you need any make-up tips or help with anything please do not hesitate to email us.
We will be starting our own blog very soon so please keep checking back on our website.