Interview – Meet Megan Moore of Thebeautysnoop.com
1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am a 30 year old mother of 2 girls, living in Salt Lake City.
I love to golf, play tennis and SHOP! I love to travel, try new foods and spend time with my husband and family.
2. What made you start blogging and what’s the story behind TheBeautySnoop.com?
I went to cosmetology school at age 17, during my senior year of high school. I loved doing hair but always had a knack for business and ended up purchasing my first hair salon, Moore Hair Design, at age 22.
After having both of my children I was spending more time at home than I was at the salon, so I could be a hands-on mom. The time at home is great, but I still wanted to be part of the beauty industry that I love when I wasn’t working in the salon.
The Beauty Snoop.com was born from that desire to continue to grow my passion and business, but also to be at home with my kids. Beauty blogging is the perfect fit for me.
3. Can you remember the moment when you realized that [beauty] is your passion? If yes, tell us more…
The most rewarding thing about my career is the ability to help women feel more confident and beautiful.
I learned very early on that I could play a small role in giving that confidence to my clients, and now readers, by providing them with the skills and tips they need to go home and continue to feel an inner strength when their outside is looking its’ best as well. It’s what drives me to keep going and growing.
Every women deserves to feel special and beautiful.
4. If you had to choose one, what would be your favorite accessory?
I am a huge PURSE collector.
My dream is to have a beautifully well curated collection of purses that can be passed down to my kids and grandkids.
So my favorite accessory is always my purse!
5. Do you have favorite brands in different areas of your “beauty life”?
This is a toughy because I am always finding new brands to love, but currently:
- Favorite Heat Styling Tools: Nume
- Favorite Hair Care Line: Kevin Murphy
- Favorite Skin Care Line: Phytomer
- Favorite Tan: St Tropez
- Favorite Drugstore Line: NYX Cosmetics
- Favorite Nail Polish: Revlon Gel Envy
6. Do you have a personal product wish list at the moment? If you do, how did the these get there…
I can’t wait to get my hands on the new Charlotte Tillbury makeup line! I’ve heard so many great things about it!
7. Please give us your 5 main tips for the the girls out there trying to find their “look”
- Don’t compare apples to oranges… meaning look for inspiration in people that have similar features or hair type as you. If you have fine blond hair, don’t try and take beauty inspiration from Sophia Vergara’s thick brown locks. Instead look for cuts and colors on someone like Gwyneth Paltrow. That way when you leave the salon, you won’t be disappointed in the outcome, because we both know a hair stylist cannot change your genetics.
- Experiment… you never know unless you try!
- Evolve… getting stuck in a rut is never good, but especially so when it comes to beauty. You don’t need to make DRASTIC changes all of the time. But subtle updates keep things interesting and fun. Some of the easiest updates are: changing your hair parting to a new spot, changing the shape of your eyebrows, or updating your lipstick color!
- Don’t allow yourself to morph into your best friend or her style! Often times when I am cruising through my social feeds, all come across a picture of a girl and her besties. More often then not, they ALL look the same. Everyone is blonde with long hair, or everyone is wearing the same converse shoes, or everyone has the same smudgy eyeliner. I am all for ‘twinning’ every now and then, but part of finding your ‘look’ is finding your independence from your crowd!
- Do what makes YOU feel best. If you love your style, then rock it! Knowing yourself and being happy with what you know- is the most beautiful thing of all! Cheesy, but also totally true.
8. What are your favorite beauty websites/blogs?
- I love Cara Brooks and her blog, Maskcara.com. She is a beautiful person in real life and her blog is uplifting and totally helpful. She is one of the reasons every women knows about face contouring these days!
- BellaSugar.com is a great place to get celebrity beauty updates and pop culture inspiration
- I also love Refinery29.com for intriguing beauty articles
- On youtube, I always go to Zoella, Twist Me Pretty, Goss Makeup Artist, MissGlamorazzi, and Casey Holmes
9. A message to your fans.
Thank you! Without my fans I wouldn’t keep going… blogging is hard work and takes lots of time and commitment. But every time I get a comment from a follower saying that my advice has helped them in some way, it feels so worth it. Every time I get a notice that I have a new follower, I still get butterflies in my stomach- I know that your time on the internet is valuable, and I am humbled that you would trust some of that time to me! I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again because I know it to be true: ‘I believe there is great power in a fabulous haircut, the perfect shade of lipstick, or the glow of a soft [faux] tan. With confidence comes energy, and this world deserves your individual energy that no one else has.