I’ve been a hairstylist for about 8 years, so I had to make many executive decisions when it comes to hair products I would use on customers.
I did a ton of research over the years and tried out countless products.
Yes, there were some leaps of faith, but in the end, I acquired knowledge and skills and became somewhat of an expert on the matter.
Let’s see what the review of this Conair hair straightener will look like:
- We’ll list all the product specifications
- Then we’ll go over both positive and negative end user experience
- In the end, we’ll grade this product
- 2-Inch plates made out of tourmaline and ceramic
- Ceramic heater for consistent temperature level
- 24 hour hold technology – 24 hour of humidity protection and 70% less frizz
- Instant heat up- 15 seconds only
- Protective heat shield included
Now let’s move on to positive user reviews of the Conair hair straightener:
- Totally worth my money. So far I’m really happy with this product…
- This flat iron is yet to fail me. I’ve had it for 3 years now, and I’ve been nothing but completely satisfied with consistent results.
- I gave this Conair a try a few months ago, and I must say I was really surprised with the results. My hair is as shiny and straight as if done by a professional hairstylist…
- It takes me about 15 minutes max to style my hair with this flat iron, and trust me, I have a lot of it. It gets so hot super fast and glides smoothly over my hair without damaging it.
- I’m not the one to wrap my hair before bed time, so once I straighten my hair with my flat iron the results are almost the same the next day, so I straighten it only a few times per week. It has worked great for me so far.
- I really like the fact that this Conair’s plates are not only ceramic coated, but made entirely out of ceramic, because the coating wears off after some time, and then the plates start snagging your hair. I’ve had this flat iron for one snag-free year, and I look forward to many to come.
- This flat iron has the most modern, smartest and sleekest design I’ve ever seen. It fits perfectly into my hand and doesn’t weigh much, so it’s really easy to use. The buttons are responsive and overall, this is an exceptionally user-friendly unit.
- This is pretty much a flat iron that got me the best results so far. It doesn’t fry my hair, so it looks shiny and healthy even after a few months of straightening it every day.
- I have really looong and kinky hair and this flat iron gets it bone-straight all in one smooth glide.. It doesn’t leave any kinks or waves behind, pretty impressive.
- I really like the fact that it has 4 different heat settings, from 310 to 395 degrees. It gets my hair straight even on 330 and 360 degrees, so I don’t have to worry about damaging my hair so much anymore.
- I have tons of fine, curly hair, so it was really difficult to get a straightener that would get the job done without frying my hair. It gets my hair as straight and as smooth as when I go to see a professional hairstylist.
Click below to see what owners had to share on Amazon:
And now for the negative end user reviews of this flat iron:
- The temperature controller and the on/off button are kind of oddly placed…
- Since the first day, the On/Off button was acting up. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn’t. I got tired of it, and I’m waiting for a replacement.
- I just thought that the plates would be wider than this. This was my first flat iron, so I’ve learnt my lesson.
- It stopped working after about 10 months for no reason, and I threw away the box and the receipt.. The little LED light still comes on, but it doesn’t heat up at all..
My final thoughts on this product:
After working as a hairstylist for 8 years, you get tricked into thinking that you know it all and that you have seen it all. After having done extensive research on this model of Conair in particular, I’ve realized that you can actually get a professional hair iron, without it costing you an arm and a leg.
The only thing that caught my attention was the placement of the buttons. I believe that the designers could’ve figured out a far better solution for heat controller and On/off button placement. This is why this hair straightener will only get 4.6 out of 5 stars, but this is certainly as good as in-home styling gets.